Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Frustrated By Khan, Admits a Lack of Motivation for Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    No it's doesn't. That's not how the rules work, one mandatory a year and you're cool. Oftentimes it can be one voluntary and then mandatory. The mandated Spence gets his shot, that's the deal. Unless Spence takes a step aside, or they change their ruling, that's settled.

Yes, but do more people really want that fight. By what measure? Khan is not going to challenge Brook. Everyone knows this. Maybe in the U.K. People want to see a Khan get skunked yet again. But from what I read everyone, more people want the Spence fight. It's a better fight.

Heck, not even Khan seems to want the fight.

More fans where? Certainly not here on BS. Certainly not on any social media boxing forums I go to. Which includes hundreds of thousands of fans.

In fact, very few I talk to are really saying they want Brook v Khan. And when some say they do, it's just to shut Khan up. Which is dumb, the guys a walking KO and he talks like he is Floyd.
    Brook-Spence for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      What's he gonna do at 154 when he can't get the Canelo or Cotto fights? He'll be left with Andrade, Lara, and the Charlo's, all of which would school/ko the ***** out of him.

Brook has nowhere to run anymore, it's over for him, and he saw it coming, which is why he tryna quickly cash out and get out of the boxing scene.
      He took Golovkins best punches even after he broke his orbital bone and was still standing at the time of the stoppage what makes you think these guys at 154 would ko him? he also had moments where he was boxing brilliantly he has a lot of talent ..have you actually ever seen Brook fight?

Brook would make canelo more money than any of those names Golovkins last ppv was like what 150k or less? With Brook he did 500k in ppv buys in the uk alone imagine what it would be vs Canelo also HBO peaked at 900k hell the replay did 500k too

Everything you last posted was just you being a hater of Brook no thought went into it all your lucky i even wasted 10 minutes of my day replying to it
      Last edited by davef; 01-21-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by batista84 View Post
        He's not afraid of Spence, he's afraid of losing to Spence
        You are absolutely right. He loses to Spence and the big money fights will be much harder to get.

Comment

• He was fully motivated when he was fighting Jo jo Dan, Gavin and Bizier. What the hell happened? I thought he follows IBF rules religiously.

Comment

• Originally posted by BreWall View Post
            He was fully motivated when he was fighting Jo jo Dan, Gavin and Bizier. What the hell happened? I thought he follows IBF rules religiously.
            Eddeh sez I hafta fight me madotorries

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Exactly.

Typical NSB fanboy logic in full effect.
              Now he has a mandatory that is universally recognized in the top 10 of everyone's list. Spence also ko'd Bundu who beat Frankie Gavin and somehow Frankie found himself a mandatory to Brooks title. Go figure

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                If Brook isn't motivated to defend his belt then he has to hand it over.

It's not that complicated.
                Precise to the point. End of thread. Green K given.

Comment

• Wow, just retire or go to 154 if you don't want to fight your mandatory. You didn't have a problem fighting the other ones.

Comment

• Brook has had an abysmal stint as a welterweight champion. The first decent mandatory he gets, and he ducks him. Remarkable how anyone could even claim him to be the best fighter in the division. The man is a joke.

Comment

• And this is precisely the reason why Khan's been reluctant to give him a shot. From Khan's perspective, he [Khan] has made a name for himself, win or lose, by going through the meat-grinder against tough opposition. Brook's decision to piggy-back off that name to stay relevant (whilst taking soft touches himself), doesn't sit well with Khan. The idea of him then rewarding Brook with a payday and an opportunity to beat him, won't be entertained. Brook's cowardice is being repeated once again here with Spence. And I kind of commend Khan for luring him into this difficult scenario, as it'll do one of two things....

1) Force Brook into the mandatory and get beat - losing the only asset (IBF) giving him leverage at the negotiating table against Khan.
                      2) Avoid the mandatory, give up the belt, move up and face the high-risk, low-reward guys there.

Comment

Working...
                      X