Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Not Looking to Make Gervonta Davis-Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hes had double the pro fights than lomachenko has. So why shouldnt the fight happen? People are always telling me that amateur achievements mean nothing in the pros, so lomachenkos amateur experience shouldnt matter.

Comment

• No brainer. Loma would lift that bet off tank quickly.

Comment

• Even if Floyd wanted it i always thought it would be hard to make cause of Arum/Floyd thing and also hbo/showtime where Floyd always praises showtime calling it the best, don't think he would let his fighters fight on hbo or be 2nd to Arum in promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          hes had double the pro fights than lomachenko has. So why shouldnt the fight happen? People are always telling me that amateur achievements mean nothing in the pros, so lomachenkos amateur experience shouldnt matter.
          I thought you said you never heard of Tank.

Comment

hes had double the pro fights than lomachenko has. So why shouldnt the fight happen? People are always telling me that amateur achievements mean nothing in the pros, so lomachenkos amateur experience shouldnt matter.

come on man, do you really need someone to point out the difference between Loma and Davis career?

when Loma turned pro he had 400 amateur fights including 2 Olympic gold medals.....

despite the fact that Loma is likely the best amateur EVER, when he stepped up too early against a somewhat limited veteran..... HE LOST!

THAT, is why Davis should not fight him right now

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              This is a good point. It seems posters have vastly different standards and expectations depending on the promoter one is employed by and the network one fights on.
              Obviously there are some real clowns here with some serious double standards lol. That said. The cut off in my eyes, and why Verdejo is'nt really a comparable situation, is the world title. I have no problems with youngsters being brought along slow and getting a lot of different looks in the ring. I'm actually a huge advocate of fighters doing so. Problem for me comes in when you become a world title holder. That is suppose to mean something. That is the sign that the training wheels have come off.

Hopefully the kid takes some good fights. Even if does'nt get it with Loma, there are still a lot of good fights for him at 130.

Comment

• Wise move, it would certainly be foolish to put Davis in with Lomachenko anytime soon. Liam Walsh is #1 and due a title shot, Davis should destroy him in a first defence and then i'd eye Sosa, Corrales, Vargas if he wants to fight one of the champions. 130 is possibly the deepest division in the sport right now so he should be capable of getting good opponents.

Comment

• That's the problem with the proliferation of titles: guys who aren't ready to compete at the top level are picking up belts from utterly mediocre, run-of-the-mill boxers and are being compared to guys who are light years ahead of them in terms of experience and overall talent and skill level.

Comment

• Of course he has to work his way to Loma, while he does it is plenty of match ups for him to build himself up first before trying to unify with Loma. How do some of you LOSERS go from "HE CAN'T BEAT PEDRAZA!" to now "HE SHOULD FIGHT LOMA" Let Davis build himself up and build up his fame then when it is time for Loma it can be a HUGE FIGHT but to go from Doubting he is Ready for Pedraza to now trying to rush him to Loma shows just how PATHETIC some fight fan are.

Would like to see him vs Liam Walsh back in Baltimore that would be big for him to fight at home and build up his following more. Then maybe a Unification with Jason Sosa back in NY would be great for him so it is plenty of options before jumping in with LOMA!
                    Last edited by sicko; 01-16-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Lomachenko fought for a world title in his second pro fight. He's been fighting proven veterans the second he turned professional. Please don't even start with your foolish and false logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X