Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Not Looking to Make Gervonta Davis-Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Not Looking to Make Gervonta Davis-Lomachenko

NEW YORK Floyd Mayweather Jr. was 21 years old when, in his 18th professional fight, he won his first world title in 1998. Thus he understands perfectly the pace at which Gervonta Davis should be moved now that the 22-year-old fighter has become boxing's youngest world champion. Mayweather was extremely impressed with how the poised, powerful Davis dismantled previously unbeaten Jose Pedraza during their 130-pound title fight Saturday night at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, yet Davis' promoter isn't in a hurry to move Davis into the most difficult fights available.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Floyd will not do business with Arum. I guess loma fight will never happen.

Comment

"Be smart" = Cherrypick like fu*k

Davis is very young though. Just hope he doesn't go the Gary Russell Jr route of rarely fighting and stepping down in competition. If he does that he's not going to get better than what he is now.

Comment

Floyd was right with everything he said

Comment

Smart move loma schools and ruins this kids career. I don't see the Floyd comparison Davis gets hit way too much. Got hit over 110 times this weekend and his face was marked up for a fight that ended the begging of the 7th. Not very pretty boy Floyd like. Eating 110 shots for basically half a fight? That's how many times a young Floyd was hit in like 3 full fights. He reminds me more of Broner another fake Floyd clone. Good young fighter hopefully he stays focused and avoids the pitfalls that hit broner but he is not floyd.

Comment

Tevin Farmer and Javier Fortuna would be good fights!

Comment

lmao "we're not rushing it" then you look at who loma faced so far. but i get it, its all about building fights blah blah blah

Comment

we want to build that bank account. so hes telling everyone he doesn't want his guy to fight the best and just wants easy money. floyd is a cancer on boxing. hes the exact opposite of how it should work. fighters should be paid well for taking risks. not paid well for not taking risks.

Comment

floyd gonna floyd lol

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutKings View Post
                    lmao "we're not rushing it" then you look at who loma faced so far. but i get it, its all about building fights blah blah blah
                    That's not even a comparison, Lomachenko was experienced ATG in amateurs (yes, he's already ATG in amateur boxing, probably the best amateur boxer ever), when he entered pro boxing, his amateur resume was the reason why he was able to get a good contract and demand title shot as soon as possible, Davis is 22 y.o and not experienced

It's obvious that he needs to get more experience and develop his career slow, he's not an amateur boxing prodigy, but boxing fans is probably one of the most ******ed fanbases in the world and they just don't understand basic stuff like that

There's no point for both Loma and Davis to make that fight

Comment

Working...
                    X