No announcement yet.

Who won Degale vs Jack?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Barely winning a round is essentially the same as beating the **** out of someone in boxing, that doesn't seem natural but that is how it works. By that some token getting a flash knockdown in a rather close round is the same as getting dropped hard and then getting beaten up even worse, once again not natural really but that is how it goes.

How boxing is scored a draw is perfectly fair as would be a couple of points either way.

It is why I hate boxing scoring because it doesn't actually often reflect a fight in any sort of natural way.

This.

Jack won the fight.

The boxing match was a draw.

Comment

Very tough fight to call, similar to Kov vs Ward, depends on what you were looking for

I think a draw was the best result

Comment

Draw for me

DeGael-Jack
        1. 10-8
        2. 10-9
        3. 9-10
        4. 10-9
        5. 9-10
        6. 9-10
        7. 10-9
        8. 9-10
        9. 10-9
        10. 10-9
        11. 9-10
        12. 8-10

Great freekin fight

Comment

I definitely thought Jack did the better work and landed the bigger punches. Also given Degale's busted up face along with his continuous spitting the mouthpiece out, he obviously was in worse shape at the end than was Jack. Jack's knockdown was much more impressive than Degale's as well. It was close at times, but Badou Jack deserved the win here tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Barely winning a round is essentially the same as beating the **** out of someone in boxing, that doesn't seem natural but that is how it works. By that some token getting a flash knockdown in a rather close round is the same as getting dropped hard and then getting beaten up even worse, once again not natural really but that is how it goes.

How boxing is scored a draw is perfectly fair as would be a couple of points either way.

It is why I hate boxing scoring because it doesn't actually often reflect a fight in any sort of natural way.
            Yeah, good points. It's frustrating watching a fighter lose a fight in which he is the deserved winner. Boxing should really change the way fights/ rounds are scored.

Comment

I thought Badou Jack deserved the win but I respect the heart and determination Degale showed. Great fight ! We need more barn burners like this.

Comment

draw was exactly how i scored it. jack won his rounds more clearly for the most part, some very one sided rounds as opposed to degale edging some of his. But if you score round by round, i had it a draw. No way was it a robbery.

Comment

Didn't have a horse but predicted Degale by close UD. In the event I had Jack nicking it at the end 114 -112, but a draw was a good result too. Not quite sure that either guy deserved to walk away with the others' strap.

Comment

IF you thought it was anything near a draw kys we dont need you in boxing forums you not know what you watch.

Comment

I had it 113-113. I'm going to rewatch later tonight.

Jack did the more damage for sure, and won his rounds clearer. I thought DeGale won his share though.

Great fight though. Great effort from both guys, and a good way to start 2017.

Comment

Working...
                      X