No announcement yet.

Who won Degale vs Jack?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    degale had nothing left behind his punches in the second half. and he was being harassed by jack at all times. and ended the fight at the verge of being stopped. can't see degale getting a draw, let alone winning the fight.
    Thats why you need to score the fight. If you evaluate based on damage jack was the clear winner, but Degale didnt lose most of the rounds in the second half.
    He came back after he was hurt in the eigth round and from my perspective outworked Jack and also found some success again.

But round 6,8,12 were very clear rounds for jack. No debate.

Comment

I don't care either way about either, but Jack won that fight. You don't get points for throwing combinations that hit nothing but air, gloves, forearms, and elbows. That only worked for the fishnet-wearing Mexican. BTW, shouldn't DeGale have had a point deducted for his mouthpiece coming out for the third time? Hmm.
      Last edited by JTfloyd; 01-15-2017, 12:15 AM. Reason: had to correct DLH wears fishnets joke

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        How typically British..

Comment

You have to score the individual rounds though, you can't say you didn't score it but say one guy definitely won or lost. I think a lot of people are going to say Jack won but didn't score the fight and individual rounds.

I gave Jack rounds 3,4,6,8,12 and DeGale rounds 1,5,9,10,11.... I had round 2 and 7 even giving me a draw 114-114

Comment

I'm Ok with the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              It doesn't matter who trains him, Degale always seems to fade. We've seen it show up in several fights now.

And Badou Jack's stamina, on the other hand, is off the charts. Dude just overcomes all adversity and keeps going. I thought he deserved a close nod.

A draw isn't the worst thing in the world, though.
              He does seem to always fade, but what i am saying is? James Degale body seems to respond better to old school simple training! the type of stuff he has always done with Jim McDonald sp*. For this fight specifically he has gone all Sport Science, and usually when fighters make dramatic training changes it can effect them negatively. I always remember when Floyd Mayweather changed his diet for his first fight against Maidana and he look hallow and empty inside! I have studied sports science, and they over complicate things sometimes. Degale seemed really weak physically, i have a feeling that he was over-trained.....

I think Degale can win the rematch, and i can see Jack moving up to 175! he did look really big inside the ring tonight, well developed in comparison to most other super middle-weights.

Decent solid looking fighter though Badou Jack.
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-15-2017, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Jack won the fight. He got off to somewhat of a slow start though. And you have to remember, every round stands alone, so a dominant beat down round counts equally as a swing round. So with that I can't call it a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                  You have to score the individual rounds though, you can't say you didn't score it but say one guy definitely won or lost.
                  A point that needs to be emphasised. If you didn't score the fight, you can't say one fighter won the fight. You can say one looked better, dished out more damage, better ring generalship etc but you can't say he won if you didn't score, and don't have a score at the end.

Comment

Couldnt really decide between 113:113 and 114:112 for Jack, but eventually I decided that Jack did enough to win, felt he was way more solid and precise while DeGale was flashier but most of his punches were blocked and wide.

Comment

Jack, but a draw is not outrageous.

Comment

Working...
                      X