Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who won Degale vs Jack?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before the last round I told my friends that all De Gale needs to do is not get knocked down, Lord and behold Badou catches him on the temple.

Comment

Can't complain about that Draw, it was CLOSE...VERY CLOSE! Stop screaming Robbery fight was too close to call Robbery

Comment

Comment

Badou Jack clearly won the fight, and its disgraceful that he needed a knockdown to draw, let alone still lose the fight one of the cards!
          He was much more efficient, showed great defence, landed cleaner, harder and more punches than Degale.
          You do not score punches that were blocked and deflected. You score for work rate and effective aggression when the round is equal, boxing is hit and be hit first and foremost. Even the body language from Degale as the fight was progressing was increasingly getting negative.

Degale was throwing combos for the sake of it and not picking his shots compared to Badou.
          Its a shame cause really, Degale moves better, more athletic and throws better combinations than Badou, but simply did not do anything effective.

Scored it 115 - 111 to Badou Jack

Comment

Scored it 5-5 with 2 rounds even, Jack had clearer and more dominant rounds but I had it a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
              I am happy it was given a draw, as i believe James Degale got drawn into the wrong kind of fight. I also did not agree with Degale preparation for this fight, he look physically weaker due to over-training in my opinion. Some of these strength and conditioning coaches are wack, Jim McDonald is a old school type of trainer and has always doubled up as his technical coach and his strength and conditioning coach! they need to go back to what they used to do! Degale looked leaner than he has ever before, but sometimes this can weaken you.

Chucky needs abit more fat on him! I thought Jack finished very strong! it was clear that he was the stronger man inside the ring.

I would like to see a rematch, in the england!
              It doesn't matter who trains him, Degale always seems to fade. We've seen it show up in several fights now.

And Badou Jack's stamina, on the other hand, is off the charts. Dude just overcomes all adversity and keeps going. I thought he deserved a close nod.

A draw isn't the worst thing in the world, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  Didn't score it. I thought a draw was fair. But, if you ask me who I would have rather been then unmistakeably I'd have rather been Badou Jack. And whether it was from a lost tooth or on purpose, Degale should have lost points on the mouthpiece. Hope they do it again, cuz this was great to watch.
                  This^ Degale lucky he didn't lose a point for that.

Comment

Super close fight I had it a draw or Jack by a round since he landed the more telling shots. REMATCH MOTHER****ER!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      Draw i thought. Both won 6 rounds each and scored a knockdown.

I thought Jack won some of his rounds more convincingly but if they won equal amount of rounds then that's just how it adds up on the scorecards.

I could see Jack winning by a round though.
                      Agree 100% with each point. Did DeGale hire the 30 second whistle guy? He turned it up each time in the last 30 seconds and it probably helped him win at least 1 round.

Great fight which will unfortunately be overshadowed by the decision. Still, Showtime put on a great show tonight, all the way down to the prelims on SHO Extreme.

Comment

Working...
                      X