Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Kovalev Beat Ward, Hunter is Not a Good Trainer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a founder member be expelled from The Demographic? Lol.

Floyd has the mentality of a spoilt child. Ward said something he didn't like before the Kovalev fight, so now little Floyd has switched sides and is supporting Krusher instead of Soggy.

But why start slagging off Virgil Hunter as well ... what did he do to upset the man child?

Comment

• I disagree with Floyd but I have no problem with him saying it. He also had a quality take on Spence and Crawford.

Comment

• Ward might have won on points, but KOvalev looked like the true winner

I think Hunter is a decent trainer but not great

Comment

• This is whats wrong in our community, a successful brother always hates on the success of othsr brothers on the come up or who have reached a similar point in life...either that or they turn into Toms..Mayweather knows ward won he is not stupid..if he felt ward lost he should feel he lost to Castillo 1, Delahoya, and marcos 1..the ladder two he won in my book..castillo 1 not so much..but anyway may is the GOAT. he knows it, but he is also a hater of immense proportions...see Bronner and connor..

Comment

• ward did lose to Kovalev and ward just got the mayweather treatment...gift decisions

Comment

• Originally posted by Rghfromdxb View Post
              With FM's comments about Hunter, one thing I was curious about: Which respected trainers from days gone by ever got in the ring (for what that's worth)?

I didn't know that Futch and Steward were amateur boxers; Steward apparently chose not to fight professionally because he and his family needed steady income and it's said that Futch had a heart issue that kept him from doing so.

Dundee never fought.
              Those that cant, TEACH.

With that said, personally I know Hunter had a lot to do with Wards success but I think moreso as a father figure than a great trainer. Ward would/woulda been great with any man that gave him the time of day. Im a big Ward fan but personally Hunter is not 1 of my favorite trainers.

Comment

• Ward did lose that fight. But without Hunter to calm him down & keep him focused, Ward wouldn't have made it to the final bell. Can Mayweather just go away already?

Comment

• Serious question. What is the average age of the posters on this board? I find the lack of maturity, subject matter and intellect many of the posters convey very disconcerting.

All Ward's fans are Black and are also Mayweather fans because both are Black? The lack of depth is alarming. For instance, I'm a fan of Mayweather the fighter. I cringe when he speaks and ignore basically every interview he gives. I'm a fan of Ward but actually enjoy his interviews because he comes across as honest, smart and he's able to comprehensively answer a question without canned responses that don't address the question posed.

I'm also a fan of JMM, Loma, Mikey Garcia and Terrence Crawford and i'm Black. Floyd having his opinion on Ward - Kovalev, the outcome and Virgil is just that, his opinion. Somehow, people feel as if that means that everyone that was a fan of Floyd and is a fan of Ward is faced with some sort of conundrum? That line of thought is utterly ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                    I like how Mayweather and Tyson are free thinkers that don't just go with what view is expected of them as black men.

"Ward won" "Obama was a great president" etc..

The fact you made that generalization says a lot about your mentality.

Mayweather is far from a free thinker but he may be one today because his view fits your agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                      The black community in here is going to have a hard time now.
                      Exhibit A. smh

Comment

Working...
                      X