Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Kovalev Beat Ward, Hunter is Not a Good Trainer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how Mayweather and Tyson are free thinkers that don't just go with what view is expected of them as black men.

"Ward won" "***** was a great president" etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2017 View Post
      The supremacists are suffering cognitive dissonance right now
      They are discombobulated. Utter shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        i was wondering the same, where the fuck is therealpugilist/kigali?
        Questioning their blackness

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
          Problem is it cant be a draw. Either Ward won(which is bull****) or Kov won because a 6-6 still means Kov won with the KD.
          7-5 for Ward makes it a draw with the kd.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I said before i don't see Ward winning no 7 rounds. 5 at the most 6 if your pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              That makes it 114 113 ward... that's exactly what the judges did and that's not correct no way for a draw, ward lost 7 rounds .

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                I said before i don't see Ward winning no 7 rounds. 5 at the most 6 if your pushing it.
                No, you can give Ward 8 rounds if you want to. You can give Kovalev 8 rounds if you want to. I saw exactly 8 rounds that could have gone either way. Kovalev had two big rounds, 2nd and 10th. Ward's really good rounds were 7th and 9th. Outside of those 4 rounds, neither fighter outlanded the other by more than 1 punch. Kovalev outlanded Ward in the 2nd round 16 to 3, which is where the "total" punches favor Kovalev by 10. In reality it was a close fight that could've gone either way, it could've been an unclear 114-113 for Ward, or an unclear 114-113 for Kovalev. Unclear as in neither fighter won the rounds they won clearly enough, but instead the viewer gave it to the fighter they prefer. Those giving it to Kovalev have the 2nd round to fall back on for the rest of their lives, but really, that was one blemish and Ward came back enough to either win, lose close, or draw.

Comment

Oh by the way...

With FM's comments about Hunter, one thing I was curious about: Which respected trainers from days gone by ever got in the ring (for what that's worth)?

I didn't know that Futch and Steward were amateur boxers; Steward apparently chose not to fight professionally because he and his family needed steady income and it's said that Futch had a heart issue that kept him from doing so.

Dundee never fought.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    i disagree 100% with mayweather's take on Andre Ward. (TMT)
                    Nah. TBE is spot on here.

Virgil Hunter's fighters have been getting posted up lately. Had Amir Khan up there damn near singing Adele's "Hello" chorus, had Angulo eating uppercuts all night long from Canelo, had Berto getting blinded hysterically by Ghost Guerrero - a guy who lost to a cab driver.

The best trainer is someone who's been in the pinch and knows how to deal with it. That's why I really wish Roger Mayweather was still healthy.

Comment

• The black community in here is going to have a hard time now.

Comment

Working...
                      X