Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt Trinidad rematch De La Hoya or Joe C rematch Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
    strange being that theres NO VIDEO OF TITO putting in work vs dlh.

if you happen to find a yt vid, giggles, right below the vid find ''share'' and click it. click the ''embed'' button. copy/paste that link. then paste that shlt here.

punches landed only count for when you boy lands them ? i guarantee you had dlh rightfully won that fight YET landed far less punches, youd be bltching too.

''how can a guy lose when he lands more punches ?!?!?!?!''
    Thanks for the instrudctions i'm a busboy at a restuarant ...kinda of hard to use the computer...i'll try... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
      ''how can a guy lose when he lands more punches ?!?!?!?!''

Simple...lets say you outlanded 25-10 against your opponent for the first 6 rounds, but then for the remaining 6 rounds your opponent outlands you by a mere 10-7. Add up buddy, it won't mean a thing that you landed more, what matter is the rounds that you won....you should know that already come on man i'm Sugar Ray Leonard!!!
      at the end off the fight, whoever lands more punches should win. spin that anyway you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
        Thanks for the instrudctions i'm a busboy at a restuarant ...kinda of hard to use the computer...i'll try... :-)
        will be even harder to find that video.

Comment

Tito had no intentions of EVER fighting Oscar again. He was totally outclassed and made to look like an amateur in the first fight. Heading into the 9th round it was a statistical white wash. You had to struggle to find at least 1 sympathy round to give Tito. Was being doubled and tripled up in EVERY punch stat. Oscar got bad info from his corner told to shut it down he won and not let Tito land a home run punch so that made the final score closer but it's impossible to find 7 rounds to give Tito even with Oscar giving away the last 3 and a half rounds of the fight. Hell with Oscar stopped punching the final rounds here is the final compubox for the fight

Oscar 263 landed /648 thrown
          Tito 166 landed /462 thrown

Since they started keeping punch stats it's one of the highest discrepancy in punches landed for a fighter who didn't get the proper decision in boxing history. Oscar was ON PACE to land 300+ punches on Tito that's how dominant he was over him and with refusing to throw anymore punches the last few rounds still outlanded him by 100 punches and a landslide in all boxing stats.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/12/8...st-title-fight
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-06-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

point out the rds where tito dominated dlh. you wont find those moments in the highlight clip and there is no highlight clip for tito
            If Oscar keeps his foot on the glass he knocks out Tito late. Tito won rounds that Oscar gave away nothing more. Stupid for Oscar and his corner to trust the judges especially against a Don King fighter when he was dominating and should of kept going and tried to put Tito away taking it out the judges hands. After the fight Tito made every excuse and road block to avoid a rematch. Priced himself out at one point asking to reverse the money split from the first fight, complaining about weight, staging a few phony retirements. The truth was he knew he lost the first fight and was going to get schooled again in a rematch. Ended up fighting numerous opponents for a fraction of the money that he was offered for a rematch.

Bradley got a bogus decision over Manny but just because you beat a cash cow don't mean you become one and should get paid more then the cash cow. Had Bradley said I will only fight you if you reverse the split from the first fight then there would of been no fight. No promoter or fighter would agree to that. He got a slight bump from the first fight but Manny still took home more because he was the draw. Oscar made 66% and Tito got 33%. Tito was never before or after the draw that Oscar was. Asking for a bump in pay is one thing. Asking to be paid 66% when you ain't the draw is what we call pricing yourself out a fight you know you won't win. Tito went on fighting other fights for a fraction of the money he was offered for a rematch. We know Oscar gave a formal offer at least 3 different times the rest of Tito's career that he kept turning down. Oscar went on fighting numerous fighters making big paydays. Trinidad is reportedly dead broke I'm guessing that Oscar rematch payday could be really useful to him right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by pvj View Post
              Can u please post the 7 rounds tito won?

...whoever reads this, I bet he never post them. They never do!
              Pvj
              I'll get around to it. I'm in no rush cuz I won't matter what I say you will keep gobbling up oscar and his biatch azz. So no I haven't forgot. Just a busy attorney that got too much better things to do. But I assure you I'll post my score cards.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                If Oscar keeps his foot on the glass he knocks out Tito late. Tito won rounds that Oscar gave away nothing more. Stupid for Oscar and his corner to trust the judges especially against a Don King fighter when he was dominating and should of kept going and tried to put Tito away taking it out the judges hands. After the fight Tito made every excuse and road block to avoid a rematch. Priced himself out at one point asking to reverse the money split from the first fight, complaining about weight, staging a few phony retirements. The truth was he knew he lost the first fight and was going to get schooled again in a rematch. Ended up fighting numerous opponents for a fraction of the money that he was offered for a rematch.

Bradley got a bogus decision over Manny but just because you beat a cash cow don't mean you become one and should get paid more then the cash cow. Had Bradley said I will only fight you if you reverse the split from the first fight then there would of been no fight. No promoter or fighter would agree to that. He got a slight bump from the first fight but Manny still took home more because he was the draw. Oscar made 66% and Tito got 33%. Tito was never before or after the draw that Oscar was. Asking for a bump in pay is one thing. Asking to be paid 66% when you ain't the draw is what we call pricing yourself out a fight you know you won't win. Tito went on fighting other fights for a fraction of the money he was offered for a rematch. We know Oscar gave a formal offer at least 3 different times the rest of Tito's career that he kept turning down. Oscar went on fighting numerous fighters making big paydays. Trinidad is reportedly dead broke I'm guessing that Oscar rematch payday could be really useful to him right about now.
                bottom line; tito caught an incredible gift. i find it hysterical how tito fans can dress up the gift any other way. this blatant robbery is worse than the pac timmy 1 (not by much though). how do fans get to such a point they forgo logic and what their eyes are trying to tell them ?!?!? is it hard work for them to convince themselves the robbery wasnt ?!?!?!?

8-4 dlh and im being generous. and im not a tito hater by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  If Oscar hadn't stepped off the gas in the championship rounds he would have won. I remember Foreman telling it like it is, "Oscar won but he gave it away"
                  Maybe. Oscar couldn't keep pace. He clearly didn't wNt to go toe to toe within Trinidad so he employed the strategy of flurry and jump away. Naturally it's tiring so Trinidad would age ultimately caught up with him. Trinidad conditioning is legendary status. So Oscar smartly ran when he tired out. Other wise his head would have flown like yory boy campas. Point is Oscar didn't reply step off gas he ran out of gas. Albeit he saved enough to run the last 3 or so rounds.

Balant running during champion rounds of the "fight of the Millineum" does not win you the fight. He didn't even through a single punch in those last rounds. Lol I'm surprised the judges didn't score some of those last rounds 10-8 for Trinidad which would have been legal and within the rules.

Comment

its the only kind that exists for that fight
                    Precisely so stop posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Maybe. Oscar couldn't keep pace. He clearly didn't wNt to go toe to toe within Trinidad so he employed the strategy of flurry and jump away. Naturally it's tiring so Trinidad would age ultimately caught up with him. Trinidad conditioning is legendary status. So Oscar smartly ran when he tired out. Other wise his head would have flown like yory boy campas. Point is Oscar didn't reply step off gas he ran out of gas. Albeit he saved enough to run the last 3 or so rounds.

Balant running during champion rounds of the "fight of the Millineum" does not win you the fight. He didn't even through a single punch in those last rounds. Lol I'm surprised the judges didn't score some of those last rounds 10-8 for Trinidad which would have been legal and within the rules.
                      The problem is those 2 things are not mutually exclusive. You can say he ran the championship rounds still don't mean he deserved to lose the fight. Nobody is arguing that Oscar didn't give away rounds at the end of the fight. But when you land over 260 punches without really throwing any punches the last few rounds there is only 1 word for that... dominant and based on the way scoring works he clearly won enough rounds to win the fight. That's like saying because Chavez won the last round and dropped Sergio had him out on his feet in the 12th all messed up the post fight press conference we should just ignore the fact that chavez was schooled all the rounds earlier and lost the fight?

And is it Oscar, or Hopkins, or Winky fault that if you boxed Trinidad and didn't give him a chance to just stand toe to toe and play rock sockem robots he had no other way to win against those skilled fighters? This is boxing and skills/strategy are part of the game. It's Tito's fault he couldn't handle Oscars hand speed and boxing skills so he kept getting clocked and his nose busted up. Only winning rounds that Oscar conceded away late doesn't win you a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X