Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson's Career Plan For 2017 is Outlined By Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
    For those who don't know:

In 2013, instead of paying Stevenson & Kovalev fairly, HBO were playing with both parties. Waiting to give a long term contract to the winner of this expected bout, rather than paying and signing both opponent under a long term deal.
    So after HBO failed to match Showtime offer, Stevenson moved to Showtime. That's when HBO realised they had no choice to do what they were supposed to do since the beginning, by finally settle down a long term agreement with Kovalev. So whether team Kovalev like it or not, it's through Stevenson if Sergey won his spot at HBO.
    Means in fact, Kovalev signed his deal with HBO (AFTER) Stevenson went to Showtime, I didn’t say before, I said Kovalev signed AFTER.
    And now that Haymon manage to open more options for all boxers, Kovalev re-signed another contract with HBO (AFTER) his 1st victory over Jean Pascal (by jumping over 2 WBC purse bids), which clearly show how team Kovalev were just bluffing all along about Stevenson.
    No need to work so hard. People stopped reading your bull**** long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      the real plan has been leaked- continue to fight bums whilst saying you are being avoided by the other fighters. The same as the last few years.

so, Stevenson is a pimp, AND he stole Golovkin's gameplan ?

the dog

Comment

Me, as an individual I hate to lie. I like the truth, and I can't picture myself lying to others. I'm not a second hand car seller. I don't know, do you feel good taking the audience for idiots, do you like that. Does it make you feel smarter than what you really are, when you lie to others like that?

RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE WORLD BOXING COUNCIL (“WBC”)
        2.8 Free Negotiations Period. After the WBC orders a bout, there shall be a period of thirty (30) days for the parties to negotiate, finalize, execute, and file a contract for the bout. Should the parties fail to file a fully-executed contract with the WBC by the end of such period, the period of free negotiations shall automatically terminate. The WBC may, by notification to the parties, shorten or lengthen the free negotiation period in special circumstances as determined by the WBC in its sole discretion.

Kathy Duva, who lobbied for this purse bid in 2014, labeled Haymon an “obstructionist”. By presenting herself to the WBC convention in mid December 2014, asking the WBC President to make the winner of the WBC Diamond belt, mandatory to Stevenson. Therefore, Sergey Kovalev TKO Jean Pascal on 03/15/2015, and following the WBC regulation about the free negociation period, the WBC ordered the purse bid for April 17, after (33) days. Even if Sergey Kovalev pulls out the purse bid on 04/15/2015, while he was a free agent[/U]. So the WBC waited until Kovalev re-signed with HBO on 05/18/2015 and reset the purse bid for 05/29/2015, which Team Kovalev turn down again for a second time.

*I'll just keep on slapping these liars right on their mouth...

I like Kovalev much more than Stevenson, and I don't think either of those fighters are afraid of the other guy..... but you cannot defend Team Kovalev refusing that purse-bid TWICE.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Mmmm ... maybe. But I'm still insisting that nobody in their right mind would ask for a mandatory position unless they wanted to fight.
          ok but then they asked out of the mando spot. Using your reasoning that would indicate they didn't want the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            the real plan has been leaked- continue to fight bums whilst saying you are being avoided by the other fighters. The same as the last few years.
            Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

the dog

Hmm. this made me LMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              ok but then they asked out of the mando spot. Using your reasoning that would indicate they didn't want the fight.
              Now we've gone full circle. If they didn't want the fight they would never have asked for it to be mandated in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

the dog

aha good comeback tbf, will give you that one.

Comment

Me, as an individual I hate to lie. I like the truth, and I can't picture myself lying to others. I'm not a second hand car seller. I don't know, do you feel good taking the audience for idiots, do you like that. Does it make you feel smarter than what you really are, when you lie to others like that?

RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE WORLD BOXING COUNCIL (“WBC”)
                  2.8 Free Negotiations Period. After the WBC orders a bout, there shall be a period of thirty (30) days for the parties to negotiate, finalize, execute, and file a contract for the bout. Should the parties fail to file a fully-executed contract with the WBC by the end of such period, the period of free negotiations shall automatically terminate. The WBC may, by notification to the parties, shorten or lengthen the free negotiation period in special circumstances as determined by the WBC in its sole discretion.

Kathy Duva, who lobbied for this purse bid in 2014, labeled Haymon an “obstructionist”. By presenting herself to the WBC convention in mid December 2014, asking the WBC President to make the winner of the WBC Diamond belt, mandatory to Stevenson. Therefore, Sergey Kovalev TKO Jean Pascal on 03/15/2015, and following the WBC regulation about the free negociation period, the WBC ordered the purse bid for April 17, after (33) days. Even if Sergey Kovalev pulls out the purse bid on 04/15/2015, while he was a free agent[/U]. So the WBC waited until Kovalev re-signed with HBO on 05/18/2015 and reset the purse bid for 05/29/2015, which Team Kovalev turn down again for a second time.

*I'll just keep on slapping these liars right on their mouth...
                  That's been known forever in the "circle" ... Fact is a lot of NSB posters can't read, or just just don't want to ... The WBC ordered the purse bid by their own rules, not from pressure from the outside...
                  Last edited by Superbee; 01-06-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Duckingson's plan for 2017: Duck, duck, duck, talk, duck, and more talking

Comment

• it is easy to say that Stevenson should shht or get off the pot.....

you cannot blame him for the situation with Kovalev..... his opposition hasn't been terrible, but he hasn't been fighting the best either

he is in a similar situation to Golovkin

the clock is ticking on both of those guys, hopefully they turn their attention to legacy at some point

Stevenson is likely still very dangerous until proven otherwise

Comment

Working...
                      X