Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson's Career Plan For 2017 is Outlined By Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll believe it when I see it. Stevenson waits until he's almost 40 years old to start a run to enhance his legacy, sure....

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
      I'll give credit where credit is due: Politics have certainly played *some* part in Adonis' fight history.

That being said, he's fought 3 times in 24 months. You're right that Adonis still has his WBC strap. I bet, though, that B Hop and Kov would still have their straps had they fought Bika, Karpency, and Williams their past 3 fights.
      HEY I BET HE WOULDNT HAVE FOUGHT THOSE GUYS IF THEY WOULD HAVE FUGGIN MANNED UP!

that's where you bet gets shot in the foot

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
        HEY I BET HE WOULDNT HAVE FOUGHT THOSE GUYS IF THEY WOULD HAVE FUGGIN MANNED UP!

that's where you bet gets shot in the foot
        Stevenson wouldn't have fought those guys? I agree with you- I don't think Adonis would fight them, either. If you're saying Kov wouldn't have fought Adonis, Kov took on SOG, so I don't see Kov backing down from any challenge.

Comment

Stevenson wouldn't have fought those guys? I agree with you- I don't think Adonis would fight them, either. If you're saying Kov wouldn't have fought Adonis, Kov took on SOG, so I don't see Kov backing down from any challenge.
          SOwho cant punch..has one good arm..kov should have blew him out..

my god stevenson was in those fight and bhop ran an u said he wouldnt have fought him

Comment

I just copy/paste stuff now, just to slap liars right on the lips:

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            That best describes Kovalev...he's been on cruise control since the 2nd Boone fight.

Stevenson has more punchers on his resume than Kovalev.

Duva isn't putting Kov in with anybody that can bang.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              I wish you clowns would stop lying about that. I'm getting tired of posting links to prove that it was Yvon Michel, Superduck's promoter, who asked the WBC for an immediate purse bid instead of the usual 30 days negotiating period.

Why is it so important to some posters here that the truth about this should be hidden?

"Michel countered Main Events’ initial flurry, requesting an expedited purse bid hearing in lieu of a 30-days negotiation period." - See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-stev....24f2c62M.dpuf
              Me, as an individual I hate to lie. I like the truth, and I can't picture myself lying to others. I'm not a second hand car seller. I don't know, do you feel good taking the audience for idiots, do you like that. Does it make you feel smarter than what you really are, when you lie to others like that?

RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE WORLD BOXING COUNCIL (“WBC”)
              2.8 Free Negotiations Period. After the WBC orders a bout, there shall be a period of thirty (30) days for the parties to negotiate, finalize, execute, and file a contract for the bout. Should the parties fail to file a fully-executed contract with the WBC by the end of such period, the period of free negotiations shall automatically terminate. The WBC may, by notification to the parties, shorten or lengthen the free negotiation period in special circumstances as determined by the WBC in its sole discretion.

Kathy Duva, who lobbied for this purse bid in 2014, labeled Haymon an “obstructionist”. By presenting herself to the WBC convention in mid December 2014, asking the WBC President to make the winner of the WBC Diamond belt, mandatory to Stevenson. Therefore, Sergey Kovalev TKO Jean Pascal on 03/15/2015, and following the WBC regulation about the free negociation period, the WBC ordered the purse bid for April 17, after (33) days. Even if Sergey Kovalev pulls out the purse bid on 04/15/2015, while he was a free agent[/U]. So the WBC waited until Kovalev re-signed with HBO on 05/18/2015 and reset the purse bid for 05/29/2015, which Team Kovalev turn down again for a second time.

*I'll just keep on slapping these liars right on their mouth...

Comment

Last year Duva tried for the third time to make this fight happen. She spent months negotiating a deal with Yvon Michel which he himself described as "a very fair offer" The next step was for Stevenson and Haymon to ok that deal, but they came back with another clause - that it had to be a joint PPV, between HBO and ST.

GAME OVER - again.

If Kovalev wanted to duck Stevenson, why would Duva have started those negotiations in the first place?

If Kovalev wanted to duck Stevenson, why would Duva have petitioned the WBC asking to be installed as his mando?

Be reasonable man. Whatever people say about Kovalev, he has demonstrated over and again his willingness to fight anybody at 175, including Stevenson, without asking for stupid money to do it.
                *You know what's good when telling the truth, it's easy to win against a liar, you can pimp slap a liar errday, if you come up with truth. Every ish they say, you slap them...

In December 2015, Al Haymon says OK it's all good, "You have a new TV boss but you still refuse to setup the purse bid you've initially requested for, back in 2014, (I hear you); Therefore, instead of the purse bid, lets make the TV work together". Kathy didn't even tried to ask her HBO Sport president Nelson, she just rejected the idea with a (I don't want to hear it).
                - What does that mean ?: (I don't want to hear it)
                - It's like instructing all reporters, (don't ask me this question anymore), WHY ?
                - Why would she refuse to only talk about the option of connecting the TV together with Mr. Nelson, if it's a solution for everybody to make good money, and avoid an HBO breach of contract; Why rejecting all options ?
                Team Kove/Duva build up Kovalev's reputation by making the audience believe Stevenson was running away from him, when in FACTS, they never wanted any part of a pissed off Stevenson, which they used to maximize Kovalev reputation for almost 2 years. An angry Stevenson would make Kovalev swallow his own teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Agree with you on network deals.

I think the ship has sailed. I don't even watch Stevenson anymore. Kov/Ward rematch is the hot fight now.

Its a new year. Maybe things will change.
                  You really think your words have much power, you really think people will say; "Yeah! I don't give a f=ck about this fight anymore." Hey! Stevenson will get all the belts, whether he takes them from Ward or krush your russian.

Reminder:
                  WBC Prez: Stevenson Not at Fault For Kovalev Fight Falling Out

"Adonis is not responsible for what is happening at light heavyweight," Sulaiman said to the Montreal Journal. "It's not his fault. We do know that he's ready to face anyone, including Sergey Kovalev. He demanded that fight, but Kovalev decided to go in another direction. We hope that fight will happen at some point." - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-prez-....IngKQi0a.dpuf
                  Last edited by TheThirdEye; 01-06-2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Last year Duva tried for the third time to make this fight happen. She spent months negotiating a deal with Yvon Michel which he himself described as "a very fair offer" The next step was for Stevenson and Haymon to ok that deal, but they came back with another clause - that it had to be a joint PPV, between HBO and ST.

GAME OVER - again.

If Kovalev wanted to duck Stevenson, why would Duva have started those negotiations in the first place?

If Kovalev wanted to duck Stevenson, why would Duva have petitioned the WBC asking to be installed as his mando?

Be reasonable man. Whatever people say about Kovalev, he has demonstrated over and again his willingness to fight anybody at 175, including Stevenson, without asking for stupid money to do it.
                    *Your lips must be swelling by now...

Like I already mentionned: Kathy Duva brought her own deal, full of great advantages with only 1 determinant condition she already know Stevenson couldn't follow: (HBO exclusivity). Waiting on Yvon Michel to only say "Wait a minute", just to overreact and close the appearance of negotiations; by screaming it's over, we did everything we could, they don't want that fight, they didn't fight on Showtime since the last 2 years, it's only excuses, and other ish.

kafkod, you must know that, with your experience. Kathy is playing, isn't what liars do, play with people perception. Duva & you, you guys are like mother & son...
                    Last edited by TheThirdEye; 01-06-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

For those who don't know:

In 2013, instead of paying Stevenson & Kovalev fairly, HBO were playing with both parties. Waiting to give a long term contract to the winner of this expected bout, rather than paying and signing both opponent under a long term deal.
                      So after HBO failed to match Showtime offer, Stevenson moved to Showtime. That's when HBO realised they had no choice to do what they were supposed to do since the beginning, by finally settle down a long term agreement with Kovalev. So whether team Kovalev like it or not, it's through Stevenson if Sergey won his spot at HBO.
                      Means in fact, Kovalev signed his deal with HBO (AFTER) Stevenson went to Showtime, I didn’t say before, I said Kovalev signed AFTER.
                      And now that Haymon manage to open more options for all boxers, Kovalev re-signed another contract with HBO (AFTER) his 1st victory over Jean Pascal (by jumping over 2 WBC purse bids), which clearly show how team Kovalev were just bluffing all along about Stevenson.

Comment

Working...
                      X