Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. is Training Himself For Renold Quinlan PPV Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    This is indicative of the Eubank Syndrome. The arrogant, somewhat delusional control-freak habits seem to be in the genes. I say this as someone who likes Jr and has followed him since his first pro fight. But, FFS, if there was anyone I wanted to see under good, strong tutelage, it was this guy. It's something I've said since the beginning with him. Really frustrating to read stuff like this.
    He should hire Teddy Atlas so that atlas would smack the BS that his father has been feeding out of him.

Comment

Save yourself the trainers fee for this joke of a fight.

The 5 people buying the PPV won't be paying for him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        OMG fam! can these Brits be the dumbest fans in the world of professional boxing.....I'm.....I mean please someone tell me I have read this wrong! PPV?!!! wow!!! and they say I bash these UK fans for no good reason! OH! this is like Errol Spence on PPV already without a world title!!! WOW!!!
        Are you delusional enough to think Brits are going to buy this fight?

Your post says more about how educated you are, than it does British fight fans.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Your post says more about how educated you are, than it does British fight fans.
          ITV wouldn't go ahead with it if no one is going to buy it. They have a market research department that does thorough work before they go ahead with events like these.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            ITV wouldn't go ahead with it if no one is going to buy it. They have a market research department that does thorough work before they go ahead with events like these.
            Sure they do

The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

YEAH
              Absolutely no way this will fail with a market research department in place
              Kovalev and ward should take note

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                OMG fam! can these Brits be the dumbest fans in the world of professional boxing.....I'm.....I mean please someone tell me I have read this wrong! PPV?!!! wow!!! and they say I bash these UK fans for no good reason! OH! this is like Errol Spence on PPV already without a world title!!! WOW!!!
                You're bashing Brits because we still enjoy watching boxing enough to buy PPVs for it?

Maybe we should save our money so we can spend it on PPVs for ****ty UFC girl fights, like you gullible yanks?

Nothing wrong with paying to watch girl fights, btw, but not if they look like Rousey, Nunez, or McGreggor.
                Last edited by kafkod; 01-04-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

This is going to be ITV's first ever PPV event, of any kind. It's an experiment. I don't think anybody knows if it will sell or not.

I don't believe it will. But boxing is BIG over here right now, and everybody knows who Chris Eubank is, so you never know ...

Comment

Their research might just be looking at how Sky are doing well with PPV and so trying it themselves rather than having data that Eubank will sell well even against an unknown.

I don't know the terms of the deal but I would guess ITV are not risking much money on this. The Sky and HBO production costs and promotion machine are bigger, more expensive than what ITV will spend so it was easier for them to give this a try.

It wouldn't surprise me if Eubank agreed to a split where ITV take the profit from the first 100K buys and Eubank only sees a return once it sells past that point. I remember Roy Jones agreed to a deal like that for the Hopkins PPV rematch and so made very little if anything for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      Clubber Lang trained himself for the first Rocky fight
                      LMMFAO, I'm no good after that one!

Comment

Working...
                      X