No announcement yet.

Official: Showtime Boxing- James Degale vs Badou Jack RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeGale in the best shape of his life.

Saturday will be a bad night for Badou Jack.

Comment

Dam, Degale's looking ripped, this is a new look for him. To be fair hes always looked a little fleshy, hopefully this equates to more fitness and he finishes stronger.

Comment

DeGale by decision I feel but 5/1 odds on the stoppage is great value.
        Definitely lean towards this going all 12 but those odds are to good not to chuck a little something on.

Comment

Who is DeGales S&C coach? He does look in very good shape. Should have used one earlier.

Comment

Degale makes a statement and stops him.

Comment

I like DeGale by Split decision . Jack is a strong boxer/ puncher but I think Degales intangibles get him past Jack . Good lateral movement , nice uppercuts , and oozing with Confidence will make Jack hesitant to throw n possibly gets hurt in the fight .

Comment

Here is my prefight analysis and prediction for the Jack/DeGale fight:

http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.co...lysis-and.html

Comment

I'll give Degale the benefit of the doubt and pick him by decision, he's inconsistent but at times he does some really good work, Jack is good but Degale's more flashy punches will get him the win in a close fight.

And about him being in great shape, i'll believe it when I see it over 12 rounds because he looked in great shape for Dirrell and then struggled after 6 rounds.

Comment

How do you think Pedraza vs davis will play out?

I have Pedraza winning a decision, Davis is way too inexperienced to fight against a guy like pedraza. I also think Pedrazas accuracy is good enough to win rounds convincingly, so judges wont have the opportunity to give close rounds automatically to Davis.

Davis is an aggressive fighter, but he fights in spurts and in his flurries, while being really explosive, he leaves himself open for countershots. Also his Shoulder roll might have been working against these lower tier guys, but I am not convinced that it works against better guys.
                    Another tendency I noticed is that he doesnt use his jab to close the distance. He just puts up his double guard and walks in.

Pedraza most vulnerable look was against Cherry, but I think it was due to a stylistic nightmare. Pedraza couldnt keep up with Cherrys rough and tough swarmer style, but Davis fights nothing like that.

Comment

Saturday is gonna be a good day!

Comment

Working...
                      X