Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Oscar Deleyoya be the best 140 pounder in today's era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Yeah the more weight classes Oscar climbed the less power he had and his chin held up to 154. 160 was simply the limit where size became too much to over come. But he had legit power up to 154 and at 140 and 135 he had devastating 1 punch power. Was literally busting guys faces wide open or dropping cats with a jab. At 147 and 154 he need to put together punches to knock you out so he used his boxing skills more. Below 147 he had the skills to outbox and power virtually unstoppable at 140 and 135 would take an alltime great to beat him.
    Because ODLH had speed and had great boxing skills alongside his chin he was able to be successful at the higher weights. I wanted to see him at 140 vs Tszyu but it never happened. ODLH fought anybody of note during his time

Comment

Oscar v Crawford would be a good fight but I think oscar would win. His fast aggressive combinations (to the body especially) plus his toughness would see him win by UD in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        What made Pernell special was his defense it was almost impossible to land anything on him. Crawford was getting it up and wobbled by little Gamboa comparing him to Pernell is foolish.
        That's because he was fighting a smaller fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
          Oscar v Crawford would be a good fight but I think oscar would win. His fast aggressive combinations (to the body especially) plus his toughness would see him win by UD in my opinion.
          147 would be interesting

Comment

Oscar was a great fighter he could possibly be the king at 140 and 147 right now, Oscar was proven the top guys today haven't been.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
              Because ODLH had speed and had great boxing skills alongside his chin he was able to be successful at the higher weights. I wanted to see him at 140 vs Tszyu but it never happened. ODLH fought anybody of note during his time
              Who would've won that match u?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I could see him and Terrance having a classic sort of feud where they fight each other a few times. DLH gets pretty underrated these days because of the way he ended his career and the fact that he's reviled as a promoter. He was a damn good boxer though. As much as I think Crawford is a future great, I can't pick between he and DLH.
                Really, id vision if they fought 10x's itd be a draw 5 and 5x's DLH would win in fights that looked like DLH vs whittaker -the KD.

Comment

Yeah..............DLH vs TC would be a nice fight tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    With Terence Crawford dominating the division they way he is today do you think that Oscar at 140 would be able to challenge him for the number 1 position in the division?
                    Prime oscar was tough to beat. ATG chin, speed, power, left hook, long jab, height
                    Even with his skeleton version against manny, his chin didnt fail him
                    Prime oscar beats crawford and everyone in it.
                    Hell even at today's WW

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      Prime oscar was tough to beat. ATG chin, speed, power, left hook, long jab, height
                      Even with his skeleton version against manny, his chin didnt fail him
                      Prime oscar beats crawford and everyone in it.
                      Hell even at today's WW
                      I don't know about WW Porter, Spence, and Thurman stylistically are bad match ups for him. Especially Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                      X