Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan: "Brook Would Be Soft If He Drops Title To Avoid His Mandatory (Spence Jr)"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cork View Post
    Because Khan is definitely not a top 5 ww. He might not even be a top 10. Hes not better than Garcia Thurman porter brook Pac Bradley Spence. I can make a case for Vargas Gomez and berto being better than him at 147.

I don't want to see the fight because I want Bradley solidify his high ranking by fighting Thurman or Garcia or brook. Khan name shouldn't be mention as a top welterweight.
    Pac, Bradley, Brook, Thurman...and then who? Are you seriously going to rank Spence over him? Or maybe you prefer Berto, or Ortiz or Guerrero?

man stop hating and just be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Pac, Bradley, Brook, Thurman...and then who? Are you seriously going to rank Spence over him? Or maybe you prefer Berto, or Ortiz or Guerrero?

man stop hating and just be honest.
      Garcia who already beat him? Porter? Yes I'm going to rate Spence better at 147 then Khan. Again what his best win at 147? Algeri who he went life and death with, the same guy Spence demolished. Yes I would bet my life on Spence knocking out Khan and about 99% of people who watches boxing.

What did he do at 147 for you to rate him a top 5 ww?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Khan said he's not fighting on the AJ undercard because he's a big star in the UK himself and can sell out his own arena
        Didn't watch the video but he'd be an idiot to turn that down. Guy is delusional

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Didn't watch the video but he'd be an idiot to turn that down. Guy is delusional
          And the AJ fight isn't in an arena. It's in a STADIUM!!! He is really delusional

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Khan had PLENTY problems in that fight
            He almost KOd Maidana in 1 round, and did much better than Floyd did. Maidana had Floyd running for his life for the whole 12th round in the last fight without even throwing a single punch. And that was against an old washed Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

That's what people said when Maidana was Khan's mandatory, and also the boogieman of the division like Spence is now. Khan took the fight straight away and beat Maidana no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                And the AJ fight isn't in an arena. It's in a STADIUM!!! He is really delusional
                Khan has headlined since his very first professional fight. That whole broadcast revolved around Khan's pro debut. Someone who's been the main event in the majority of his fights is naturally going to decline being on the undercard of a Hearn event (as he promotes Khan's arch-enemy Brook).

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                  Beat Maidana no problem? Khan was lucky to have the ref intervene to save him from KO in the 10th round. He won, I'll give him that, but wisely refused any rematch at 147 where Maidana had less weight to melt off, and a new trainer as well.
                  Khan did what he always does. Look great for 3-5 rounds, then try to survive the rest of the fight.
                  Maidana was lucky it was the end of the round when he got dropped in the first because he admitted in subsequent interviews that if there was longer left in the round then he probably would have been knocked out in one round. Khan needed about an extra 20 seconds at that point to end the fight. As far as the ref preventing Khan being KOd, that's just a myth, he just broke up a clinch. Maidana almost quit before the 10th round started because he was getting beat too badly, he took ages to get off the stool, almost an extra 10 seconds after the bell rang so he had 10% extra sit time than Khan in between rounds 9 and 10 but still had no chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                    Khan's timely concern for Brook fighting his mandatory is certainly funny. This guy makes it increasingly hard to root for him. Why didn't Khan go out of his way to praise Brook when he was fighting mandatories, if he has such strong opinions on the matter?

It sounds like Khan is merely feigning interest in a Brook fight, and only possibly after Spence fights him, which leaves for so much unpredictability.
                    That's pretty much Khan's point but you're spinning it. If you recall Brook and Hearn were the ones who made all the noise about facing his mandatories when they were extremely easy opponents like Dan and Bizier (and everyone was ****ing on them) but as soon he has to face someone much more challenging Brook's talking about vacating. All Khan is doing is reminding Brook that he was all about "fighting his mandatories" before so it's "soft" for him to change his tune now when presented with an actual worthy opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                      That's pretty much Khan's point but you're spinning it. If you recall Brook and Hearn were the ones who made all the noise about facing his mandatories when they were extremely easy opponents like Dan and Bizier (and everyone was ****ing on them) but as soon he has to face someone much more challenging Brook's talking about vacating. All Khan is doing is reminding Brook that he was all about "fighting his mandatories" before so it's "soft" for him to change his tune now when presented with an actual worthy opponent.
                      Not spinning anything. Just because I point out Khan's agenda doesn't mean I'm excusing Brook...I'm merely addressing Khan's falsified emotions in the video posted. If Brook wants to fight at 47 and he doesn't fight Khan next, he should fight Spence. Khan's agenda is comically obvious though. If the tables were turned he'd ask, "who has Spence beat?" And it's even worse because we all know his angle, we've seen it before. He once said he'd fight Brook if he gets a belt....well Brook got one...years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X