No announcement yet.

How good was Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    Hard to really know considering his best win was Demarco. Demarco didn't come out in the 10th whereas Broner stopped him in the 8th. Personally I never thought he'd make it to the elite level.

I know everyone always wanted to see him vs Pacquiao but personally I really wanted to see him against Marquez. I thought Marquez would make him look like a overhyped cab driver.
    That wasn't realistic though. I don't see when it could've happened. Pac was at welter when Valero came up to 35. There was hardcore hype for it because it was an appealing matchup, but even as much as Bob wanted to make the fight, he said he'll need to build Valero's brand before that's a viable option. It's like saying Pacquiao should be fighting Robert Easter right now...you can't just sell people an unknown lightweight.

Comment

good but too wild would have been Koed eventually

Comment

He was a world class fighter. Good enough to win some straps. Nothing great.

Since he died though we consider him in consideration for TBE.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Trout was 1 pound lighter. 172 vs 171.

Angulo was 4 pounds lighter. 174 vs 170.

Can you be more stupid? Canelo has never fought someone lighter than him.
          Haha poor idiot. 172 vs 171 is practically the same.

Links about Canelo Angulo weights..

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            Of course you would, 48ers feared Valero.

48 chose to run away and chase easier matches. David diaz and old oscar. underrated footwork. Valero> 48
            This is likely the single most ignorant post I've seen on NSB and that's saying a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              he was an extremely good fighter. It is my opinion that he would have been a future p4p number 1.
              This is probably the second most ignorant post I've seen on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                This is probably the second most ignorant post I've seen on NSB.

The guy is either trolling or an idiot. Valero would have been exposed if he had fought a solid opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                  Haha poor idiot. 172 vs 171 is practically the same.

Links about Canelo Angulo weights..
                  Google for yourself assh0le...

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                    The guy is either trolling or an idiot. Valero would have been exposed if he had fought a solid opposition.
                    ironically you're trolling too?

Valero was a very well composed timed counter puncher, feet planted in the style of Kostya Tszyu or a Danny Garcia, meaning with that amount of cracking shot but HARDER. Mikey Garcia said the hardest puncher he ever faced was Valero... you should watch some tape. the FUNNY thing is Valero's leaping south cross is the same style as Manny's without the pounce. IF Valero was reckless he'd be a Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      This is likely the single most ignorant post I've seen on NSB and that's saying a lot.
                      Valero> 48 and his merry band 48ers

Comment

Working...
                      X