Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people underrate Golovkin's defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Listen up vermin, maybe he has to let his lowly opposition (who all happen to be ranked in or around the top 10 of the division) land a few punches on him so the fighters that you support will grow enough balls to step in the ring with him. It's called bait and switch, and Jacobs about to learn all about it.
    Top 10 in a dead division means nothing little maggot...at least not in this Country.

GGG is taking shots from slow guys and one that couldn't even hit Alfredo Angulo

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      His skin is the only reason your oily ass likes him

Sorry mofo

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

You like to change the subject just like a lil b*tch.

You're sadder than that dead Hyena on Donald *****'s head

Comment

I'm definitely one who's not impressed with GGG defensively. I feel like a lot of his defensive "success" or punch stat numbers people hype in defense of his defense is just his scary ass offense leading to guys not throwing nearly enough back at him for GGG to need to worry about his defense in the first place doe.

The issues I see with GGG's defense is when his opponents do throw at him he seems very easy to hit (I know I know GGG is just trying to "make for fun fight for deh fans" by getting hit), but no one has enough success against his offense & aggression to capitalize on it all that much. Largely this is why I favor Canelo to beat GGG. I think Canelo's game is much more solid than most GGG opponents & despite his lack of speed is more elusive than he's given credit for which will lead to GGG missing more than he ever has & being countered & getting taken advantage with that hole-y defense.

Comment

GGG maintains distance after he attacks. Tough to hit him consistently.

Comment

because big hitters/action guys never get credit for their defensive skills. .Tyson's defense was also overlooked. .even Pacquiao gets no props, he was making Floyd miss a bunch. . people just assume that if you're not doing the shell then you suck at defense..hell all Winky Wright did was the ear muffs all night and it worked for him due to his long arms. .Chavez Sr was a master at slipping punches at close range, rolling with punches that seemed to land clean, parry, etc... Golovkin has great D and a solid chin as well.

Comment

Working...
              X