No announcement yet.

Who ranks high? Erik Morales or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kryptonite View Post
    I think it all comes down to their fights with Pacquiao. When Morales beat Pacquiao he was coming off back to back wins over Barrera and Marquez, and nobody ever questioned his win. Marquez lost the first three fights before finally beating Pacquiao by KO... but it didn't come without controversy.

Not trying to bash Marquez, just stating facts. He lost a lot of credibility by deciding to work with a steroid expert/chemist. It's almost night and day the transformation he went through. The man evolved like a m'fckin Pokemon, FFS. All of a sudden he's eating shots that use to put him on the canvas, and now he has the power to KO someone he couldn't even knockdown over the span of three fights. Let's keep it 100, Marquez was juiced to the hair tips down to the soles of his feet.

I know Morales failed a couple drug tests later on his his career, but no amount of steroids will give you the skills to outbox Pacquiao the way he did. My vote goes to Morales... viva El Terrible!!!
    Wouldn't you say that that Marquez could have won some of the fights prior to the knockout. I mean Morales said the first Marquez/Pacquiao fight laid the blueprint for him.

Comment

Morales. Marquez is a cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
        Wouldn't you say that that Marquez could have won some of the fights prior to the knockout. I mean Morales said the first Marquez/Pacquiao fight laid the blueprint for him.
        And then it backed fired on him in the second fight because he was not prepared of Pacquiao's right hook.

Comment

Remember Marquez the steroid freak knocking Alvarado across the ring like Ivan dragon lol. Gtfo with that b.s. We need to stop praising a cheat.

Comment

That was an awesome punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
              Ranking the 3 great Mexican warriors Morales, MAB, and JMM is pretty debatable and seems to always get mixed opinions.

I'm gonna say Morales but honestly I just like him the most. A case can be made for all 3.
              Pretty much this. All had stellar careers with monster wins and great resumes. If someone put a gun to my head I would have to lean to Morales over JMM.

Comment

Who would win h2h?

Comment

Morales and it shouldn't even be a contest, more skilled, more entertaining, better resume...JMM largely gets his mention due to a string of decent wins and 4 great fights with Pacquiao.

Comment

Erik morales

Comment

Working...
                    X