Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does povetkin testing positive mean wilders dog**** CV is forever excused?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EddieHearn View Post
    Stiverne, Duhaupas and that Polish kid he KOed in impressive fashion are three good wins in my book that is.
    yes I too think those 3 guys are solid fringe contenders in the top 20-25 in the world.

Comment

I don't see a reason to complain now. He was scheduled to fight Povetkin then broke his hand. Now he's fighting a tune up as his first fight back from injury. We'll see what his other 2 fights in 2017 are, then we'll make a decision.

Comment

Youve gotta feel for Wilder though, only a few months ago you had what was probably going to be Wilder/Povetkin, Fury/Klitschko and Joshua/Parker.

After those fights had happened I truly expected Wilder/Joshua to have been made by the end of next year, as the big fight Hearn would have wanted to really break Joshua to America. Fury/Joshua wouldn't have been made next year. Now with all that's happened. Joshua has the big fight with Klitschko, Parker looks like he wants to fight in the UK to eventually unify with Joshua, and Wilders going to be continually left with the scraps.

Basically its Joshua picks what he wants to do and everyone gets in line, and Wilder hasn't made himself attractive a proposition in the US yet as he would of if hed have beaten Povetkin.

Or Klistchko beats Joshua and the whole landscape changes again

Comment

It is Povetkin's fault that the fight didn't happen & is not going to happen, there is no other way to put this.. But Wilder's free pass is going to expire after his tune up against Wawrzyk.. Anyone apart from top 10 he fights after the tune up should be ridiculed for sure..

Comment

I am still trying to figure out who hypes Wilder on here besides that troll Earl..All i hear ishis resume getting torn apart and him getting ****ted on..so what are you b1tching about now?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              top 5!? Whos top 5? SOrry mate im not having it that beating stiverne is some good win, wilders been champ for quite a while now, inexcusable the pure ****e hes been defending is belt against. Know they are occupied now but why couldnt he fight haye, ortiz, joshua, wlad in the last few years. What about someone like pulev, hes half decent. Thought he was interested in hughie fury too he was saying, what happened to that? Know hes unproven but **** me he must be better than this guy hes dragged out of the building site.
              So Wilder beating an actual current title holder was not a decent win??? I dont understand you at all..you praise GGG nonstop and thats exactly what he did..BEAT 1 CURRENT TITLE HOLDER

Comment

It's very unfair to Wilder that he and Povetkin did not fight, as it would have been a great opportunity for him to legitimize himself.

It's even more unfair to the fans that we did not see that matchup.

Now obviously we can't just give Wilder credit for that opponent on his resume if they didn't fight. But we can see that he was all but ready to go against the opponent everyone wanted to see him in with and circumstances outside of his control caused that fight to be cancelled. In my book this buys him a little time to find another quality opponent.

This however doesn't excuse the dreadful upcoming bout with Wawrzyk.

Comment

I was high on Povetkin but this guy needs to be forgotten about excluded from professional competition, their is no place in this sport for cheats. It's de****able it should warrant a real weighty ban and coupled with his age one that finishes his career at the highest level.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    It's very unfair to Wilder that he and Povetkin did not fight, as it would have been a great opportunity for him to legitimize himself.

It's even more unfair to the fans that we did not see that matchup.

Now obviously we can't just give Wilder credit for that opponent on his resume if they didn't fight. But we can see that he was all but ready to go against the opponent everyone wanted to see him in with and circumstances outside of his control caused that fight to be cancelled. In my book this buys him a little time to find another quality opponent.

This however doesn't excuse the dreadful upcoming bout with Wawrzyk.
                    This. End thread/

Comment

Of course not.

Comment

Working...
                      X