Martinez

Standout wins for Froch:
    Taylor
    Kessler
    Pascal
    Bute
    Martinez wasnt a good win.
    As for froch his wins are only good on paper
    Taylor lost 2 of his last 3 only beat washed up hype job Lacy. Dont think he even has a single win at 168.

Pascal has only beat pension beater Dawson and Bute whom every time he has stepped up to any one above C level has lost even with the help of the judges and P.E.D he couldnt even get the win over Jack

Kessler was at best well well past his best.

Comment

Froch took tough tests. But it seems to be firgoitten that for a lo g time he was untested.
      He spent most of his time chasing JC.

But he made up for it. I'd have to Google it to remember his first test.

Comment

Both are good but I think Cotto benefited from more popular names like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Martinez, Margarito, Mayorga and Moseley. Those are huge names in boxing. More popular than Froch's opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
          Doesnt really mean much as Dirrwl is a nobody hasnt beaten any one. Kessler was Shot.

That win means as much as Hopkins W against Roy Jones lol
          It doesn't mean very much in your revisionist mimd. Pre - Abraham Dirrell was a very good fight. Also many people laud Cotto for his revenge victory over cyborg eye and war torn Margarito. I don't know in what world that the version of Margarito that Cotto beat is a better fighter than the Kessler that Froch defeated.

Comment

[QUOTE=SnoopySmurf;17292195]Both are good but I think Cotto benefited from more popular names like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Martinez, Margarito, Mayorga and Moseley. Those are huge names in boxing. More popular than Froch's opponents.[/quote/] Popularity doesn't equate to quality. He was handily beaten by Mayweather,Pacquiao, and a prime Margarito. Martinez was a crippled and Mayorga was beyond washed. Mosely is a decent win,but even he was past his best, in his 15 th year as a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
              Martinez wasnt a good win.
              As for froch his wins are only good on paper
              Taylor lost 2 of his last 3 only beat washed up hype job Lacy. Dont think he even has a single win at 168.

Pascal has only beat pension beater Dawson and Bute whom every time he has stepped up to any one above C level has lost even with the help of the judges and P.E.D he couldnt even get the win over Jack

Kessler was at best well well past his best.
              Judah had already been ko's by Kostya and dominated by Mayweather. Also loss every time that he stepped up. Mosley was past his prime again Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                115-113, is the score from both me and the judges > lopsided fight according to some randomly biased internet guy. ✌

if you think that was a 115-113 fight you genuinely have no idea what you're looking at when you score a boxing match.

which five rounds did froch win?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i've seen that fight a dozen times at this point. easily.

you need to turn off the british commentary and score rounds based on who was the more effective puncher. then give me a scorecard and tell me why you thought froch was winning enough rounds late in the fight to make you think he had a chance in hell of winning on teh cards.

in short, if you think that fight was close you have no business at all scoring a boxing match. none. you don't know what you're looking at.
                  Didn't the british commentary have it wider than the judges & US commentary? I seem to remember Sky saying that the fight wasn't close at all.

In truth, it was at best a 8-4 for Ward, more likely a 9-3.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Froch took tough tests. But it seems to be firgoitten that for a lo g time he was untested.
                    He spent most of his time chasing JC.

But he made up for it. I'd have to Google it to remember his first test.
                    Jean Pascal was his first test. But even on the domestic scene he fought some good guys.

Needless to say, Froch accomplished way more than anyone would ever have imagined heading into the Pascal fight when people thought he was a domestic level fighter.

Comment

I don't know off the top of my head,but definitely like four of the last six and maybe one of the earlier rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X