No announcement yet.

Froch's resume craps all over Cotto's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch's resume craps all over Cotto's

I'll star by trying to summarize each fighter's career. Cotto began his career with a dominant reign at junior welterweight, (although there were some misses Mayweather, Hatton, and Kostya) Malignaggi and Torres standout. He had his best year as a professional in 2007 when he defeated a prime Judah and a slightly past his prime Mosley. His overall greatness, however may defined by his destruction of B level opponents, he laid beatings on both Quintana and Gomez. He gets points for fighting everyone and spending a large part of his career as an undersized,but dangerous junior middleweight. Next we have the U.K. great Carl Froch. He spent a large part of his earlier career fighting in anonymity, but this all changed significantly with a super six. Blessed with an iron chin and very good power to compliment his awkward fighting style, Froch's greatest strength may have been his resiliency. His resume reads like a who who's of the recent Renaissance at super middle. Kessler, Johnson, undefeated Dirrell, Bute, Taylor,Abraham , Pascal, and an undefeated Groves x2,. His two career losses also age extremely a close decision to a prime Ward and an avenged defeat to Kessler.

miguel cotto is the most overrated fighter of the 21st century

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      I'll star by trying to summarize each fighter's career. Cotto began his career with a dominant reign at junior welterweight, (although there were some misses Mayweather, Hatton, and Kostya) Malignaggi and Torres standout. He had his best year as a professional in 2007 when he defeated a prime Judah and a slightly past his prime Mosley. His overall greatness, however may defined by his destruction of B level opponents, he laid beatings on both Quintana and Gomez. He gets points for fighting everyone and spending a large part of his career as an undersized,but dangerous junior middleweight. Next we have the U.K. great Carl Froch. He spent a large part of his earlier career fighting in anonymity, but this all changed significantly with a super six. Blessed with an iron chin and very good power to compliment his awkward fighting style, Froch's greatest strength may have been his resiliency. His resume reads like a who who's of the recent Renaissance at super middle. Kessler, Johnson, undefeated Dirrell, Bute, Taylor,Abraham , Pascal, and an undefeated Groves x2,. His two career losses also age extremely a close decision to a prime Ward and an avenged defeat to Kessler.

let's be fair. the ward fight was nowhere near close and you know it. froch knows it. rachel cordingly knows it. that fight was a blowout. maybe you can give froch two rounds. maybe. hell, froch didn't win the 12th on any decent card, and ward knew he didn't need it.

Comment

Well, no. No, not at all.

Comment

Froch is the most over rated fighter this century. Cotto resume pisses all over Froch's it isnt even close

He also lost every round to Ward got a disgraceful gift against a nobody in Direl and barely beat if that a shot Kessler years after losing to a past it one eyed version coming of a bad beating to Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            let's be fair. the ward fight was nowhere near close and you know it. froch knows it. rachel cordingly knows it. that fight was a blowout. maybe you can give froch two rounds. maybe. hell, froch didn't win the 12th on any decent card, and ward knew he didn't need it.
            You should go back and watch that fight again. Ward tired down the stretch and Froch was giving him that work during the later rounds.

Comment

Not sure why you're comparing him to Cotto. But you know...it's your opinion. At least pick a fighter in the same weight division. Super Welter Weight vs Super Middle Weight?

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
                Froch is the most over rated fighter this century. Cotto resume pisses all over Froch's it isnt even close

He also lost every round to Ward got a disgraceful gift against a nobody in Direl and barely beat if that a shot Kessler years after losing to a past it one eyed version coming of a bad beating to Ward.
                Froch gave Ward that work down the stretch after he had tired 115-113 is a very good scorecard in my opinion. There wasn't any controversy in the Dirrell fight and you're cherrypicking when it comes to the Kessler fights. Every decent fighter that Cotto fought beat on him until he turned tail and ran. If he had half of Froch's heart then he too could have been great.

Comment

You should go back and watch that fight again. Ward tired down the stretch and Froch was giving him that work during the later rounds.

i've seen that fight a dozen times at this point. easily.

you need to turn off the british commentary and score rounds based on who was the more effective puncher. then give me a scorecard and tell me why you thought froch was winning enough rounds late in the fight to make you think he had a chance in hell of winning on teh cards.

in short, if you think that fight was close you have no business at all scoring a boxing match. none. you don't know what you're looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
                    Not sure why you're comparing him to Cotto. But you know...it's your opinion. At least pick a fighter in the same weight division. Super Welter Weight vs Super Middle Weight?
                    I had this argument with someone earlier today. So I thought I'd come here to discuss it, I don't see why it's a problem to compare them, they competed in the same era. I'm not asking who you thought would win a fight, just comparing their resumes.

Comment

Working...
                    X