Martinez

Standout wins for Froch:
    Taylor
    Kessler
    Pascal
    Bute
    How is that close?

Comment

Pretty close resume wise between Froch and Cotto. Nothing to be ashamed of either way.

Nothing close about Ward beating Froch, NOTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Didn't the british commentary have it wider than the judges & US commentary? I seem to remember Sky saying that the fight wasn't close at all.

In truth, it was at best a 8-4 for Ward, more likely a 9-3.

british commentators greatly embellished the diea that ward was tiring, which is a narrative picked up by a lot of the ward detractors. one guy had to work hard, the other guy knew damn well he had an insurmountable lead on points.

i don't blame the british commentators to try and conjure up some drama and help save face for their guy, but the narrative that ward faded down the stretch is just bogus. there's a difference between recogizing that a guy has late round power and that you have a lead to protect, and tiring. just because you step off of teh gas it doesn't mean you're tiring or getting broken down. honestly, i gave ward the 12th. if you get a good quality feed you can see that a lot froch's punches are unclean and that ward is still timing froch with clean shots in the 12th.

Comment

Froch >>>>>> Cotto

Comment

Froch was one of the best fighters to come from the UK. He had a string of top level opposition.

I thought he lost to Dirrel and had beaten Kessler in their first fight. On the Ward fight the only one that had it correct was the British judge that had it 118-110.

Don't know why the TS is comparing both fighters because they were never close in competing with each other or common opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              How is that close?
              It really isn't, Zab is a B level fighter, Martinez was a crippled and Oldsley was past his prime.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-by-round.html

This R by R report from a British boxing scribe

Pretty reasonable

Comment

Working...
                X