Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that we should go by the official descion only. Because then things get really messy

Comment

Looks like there is a lot of preference for sticking with the official decision only.

In the BoxRec version of this game, they only give out a small fraction of pts if you guess close decision A and it goes close decision B. They also give out small pts if you guessed KO1 Fighter A and it goes KO1 Fighter B (something I chose not to adopt).

Would y'all be opposed to making a smaller wrong close decision pts thing, or just zero pts?

Comment

Also the game will start sometime during the first week of January. I'm putting together some stuff that will make updating scores/rankings as easy as possible for me.

Any and all input about any of the rules in the meantime is appreciated.

If you'd like to start thinking ahead, here are fights I will almost certainly be including in the game:

Badou Jack vs James DeGale
        Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz II
        Adrien Broner vs Adrian Granados
        Miguel Cotto vs James Kirkland
        Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman
        Gennady Golovkin vs Danny Jacobs
        Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko
        Saul Alvarez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

If you feel any other big or intriguing matchups should be included, let me know! If there is enough interest in any other fights we'll add those as well. But for now outside of the above, I'm gonna wait on more announcements to come in.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-21-2016, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Also the game will start sometime during the first week of January. I'm putting together some stuff that will make updating scores/rankings as easy as possible for me.

Any and all input about any of the rules in the meantime is appreciated.

If you'd like to start thinking ahead, here are fights I will almost certainly be including in the game:

Badou Jack vs James DeGale
          Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz II
          Adrien Broner vs Adrian Granados
          Miguel Cotto vs James Kirkland
          Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman
          Gennady Golovkin vs Danny Jacobs
          Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko
          Saul Alvarez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

If you feel any other big or intriguing matchups should be included, let me know! If there is enough interest in any other fights we'll add those as well. But for now outside of the above, I'm gonna wait on more announcements to come in.
          yep, I think those are all the relevant fights announced thus far

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Looks like there is a lot of preference for sticking with the official decision only.

In the BoxRec version of this game, they only give out a small fraction of pts if you guess close decision A and it goes close decision B. They also give out small pts if you guessed KO1 Fighter A and it goes KO1 Fighter B (something I chose not to adopt).

Would y'all be opposed to making a smaller wrong close decision pts thing, or just zero pts?
            I'm down for whatever the rules are. I personally don't think their should be points for a losing decision however knowing my luck it'll come back to punish me.

Comment

My vote is no points for a close decision loss.

Also, I think Pedraza-Davis, Zlaticanin-Garcia, and Vargas-Berchelt deserve consideration to be included. One thing I didn't like about BoxRec is the inconsistency in fights chosen. They'd include Golovkin-Wade, but exclude Ward-Barrera. They'd make Golovkin-Brook a 1.75x multiplier, but Crawford-Postol was a 1.25x multiplier.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                My vote is no points for a close decision loss.

Also, I think Pedraza-Davis, Zlaticanin-Garcia, and Vargas-Berchelt deserve consideration to be included. One thing I didn't like about BoxRec is the inconsistency in fights chosen. They'd include Golovkin-Wade, but exclude Ward-Barrera. They'd make Golovkin-Brook a 1.75x multiplier, but Crawford-Postol was a 1.25x multiplier.
                I will be changing the close decision loss rule to either be a very small number of pts or none I think, based on what people have been saying.

Though players will have multipliers they can use at their discretion and there will be bonuses for difficult picks, I won't be weighting the fights.

I will try to include all major fights and will consider others if enough players request them. I would have included Ward-Barrera for sure. I think the three fights you mentioned would be good inclusions.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-25-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Comment

Of course it should be based on official decisions. What is this some amatuer league.

Comment

DeGale vs Jack

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=733288

Comment

Working...
                      X