No announcement yet.

Chaves Jr Is A Dangerous Fight For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    so you guys don't think Chaves Jr's size will be too much???
    It almost pains me to admit it, but it might well be decent scrap - for a few rounds - though I can't say I'm in favour of it or GGG vs Jr either. Problem is I think Jrs gonna be drained to hell at 165. He won't have fought at that weight in close to 5 years and he ain't a kid anymore. I can see his size and strength making it a bit competitive early rounds but I don't think his stamina will hold up in the long haul.

Comment

Canelo is a world class A level fighter. Chavez jr is not. Canelo would win easily.

Comment

There's slight interest because of the size. Dangerous, though? No way. Chavez probably can't even make 165, and he'll have to kill himself to make whatever weight he does make. He'll be a big, stiff dummy and get beat up for 12 rounds in a boring fight. He doesn't bring anything besides size that can bother Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          HeChavez looks great to me at the weigh in. He looks very lean and fighting shape.
          Care to find 3 lbs he can lose on that body? lmao schiet he's gonna be dead bro

Comment

Don't be surprised if this fight is in Dallas or Mexico City. Remember both guys have sort of fought where testing is not mandatory. Plus Chavez will have been working with Memo. Chavez will balloon back up to like 180 or 185 before the fight too. Dangerous fight for Canelo.

Comment

A weight drained punch bag who will just stand in front of him is not a dangerous fight. Canelo will take him out late.

Comment

The fight is dangerous Chavez is naturally 2 or more weight classes bigger then Canelo. Canelo is the faster and more skilled fighter. But Chavez will be massive in size and has a punchers chance. A lot of people keep assuming that Canelo will come in at the contract limit. No way this will be like Floyd and Manny where they had multiple catchweights to make fights possible with much bigger fighters BUT they rarely came in at those weights. They came in at a comfortable weight a few below the limit. My guess is Canelo comes in 160 or a little below regardless what they agree on and absolutely schools Chavez and makes him quit on his stool again. This will be Pacquiao vs Oscar. Chavez because his size and chin he might not go down but will take a major beating and we'll see how many rounds he wants it to go on for.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  It almost pains me to admit it, but it might well be decent scrap - for a few rounds - though I can't say I'm in favour of it or GGG vs Jr either. Problem is I think Jrs gonna be drained to hell at 165. He won't have fought at that weight in close to 5 years and he ain't a kid anymore. I can see his size and strength making it a bit competitive early rounds but I don't think his stamina will hold up in the long haul.
                  I hope Chavez Jr says "screw it" and weighs in at 170

Then we might have a fight on our hands

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post

This is the only way I see this fight being competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post

Then he doesn't get paid because no fight will go on. Chavez wants one last payday before he's put into retirement. He's cashing out and Golden Boy/Canelo will tell him he better kill himself do whatever to make weight if he wants to get paid.

Comment

Working...
                      X