Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaves Jr Is A Dangerous Fight For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, **** Chavez, Jr. He has been nothing but a disappointment. All of the potential and the backing of his legendary father and he's been nothing but a lazy slob. Canelo and he both walk around at 200 I'll bet. So it would be even. Honestly, I favor Canelo. His defense and combinations are superior to the Pothead of Culiacan.

Comment

The weight favors Canelo hes going to be fully rehydrated but the opposite is the case for Chavez...this is another Kell Brook-Amir Khan type move...get beat and get crazy paid but have and excuse with the weight....I mean this trend starting to make sense...Cotto-Kirkland Canelo-Chavez jr....yep thats why I follow the lower weights this is all a hustle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        so you guys don't think Chaves Jr's size will be too much???
        Chavez Jr's size was too much for Martinez, and he avoided damage for 11 rounds and still won.

It was also too much for Andy Lee, but Andy Lee is no Canelo. Plus he looked alive at that weigh in.

He don't look like that anymore.

Here is Chavez weighing in at 168 for his fight last weekend.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if canelo was bigger than Chavez come fight night..... canelo in 7rounds

Comment

A prime Chavez would beat Canelo. Canelo wouldn't knock him out and all Chavez needs is someone who will stand in front of him for him to let his hands fly on. Canelo has poor stamina now, he'd be dead in the second half of the fight vs someone like Chavez. The only issue is I don't know where Chavez is at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 97K PPVs View Post
              I'm so pumped up. This fight is gonna break records.

50/50 fight but Canelo is gonna pull it off.

Take note Triple Flop, this is how you step up to a challenge.
              Brook is a far better win for Golovkin than Chavez will be for Canelo....

And what records? Unless it's held in Azteca Stadium, I don't see any records being broken.

Comment

I thinks its stupid for Canelo but not for the reason you listed, he gonna **** around and come in at 165 and grow his body too much and wont even be able to make 160 after this fight and than he pretty much screwed up his entire career. Thats exactly what happened to Chavez jr, he blew up too much and no longer can shrink down to a division where he can be competitive and that pretty much thats all she wrote for Chavez jr at the elite level at the higher weights.

Comment

I think Canelo would beat him at 165 or any other weight. Canelo is much faster and more skillful and that would more than make up for Chavez being naturally bigger. Nobody has ever knocked Canelo down yet. Canelo would be the one landing punches while Chavez would be the one missing punches. It's unlikely the two sides will ever agree on weight limits and a day of the fight weigh in. This has been a huge fight for many years and it never happened because they never could agree on weight limits.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Chavez Jr's size was too much for Martinez, and he avoided damage for 11 rounds and still won.

It was also too much for Andy Lee, but Andy Lee is no Canelo. Plus he looked alive at that weigh in.

He don't look like that anymore.

Here is Chavez weighing in at 168 for his fight last weekend.

HeChavez looks great to me at the weigh in. He looks very lean and fighting shape.

Comment

It's certainly interesting.

Canelo is a short guy, Chavez has a big size advantage in height as well as weight.

Canelo is a much better fighter, but the size difference is the point of interest.

Comment

Working...
                      X