No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Broner: Bob Arum is Open To Making The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
    This is perfect for rob arum, kills two birds with one stone, it keeps those two fighters away from pac, because both would beat pac at this stage in his career. If crawford faces pac, that would be ppv, then he faces Broner, another ppv. Then crawford moves up to Welter for more ppv caliber fights since al and rob are working together. But pac's time as an elite boxer is OVER! Father Time always wins

Broner beats Pac....lolol...yeah, I wanna see that happen.

Comment

Broner ducks no man, he would gladly take this fight. IMO it's the last fight TC should take at 140. Broner is undefeated at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        We shall see! I see people really believe Crawford won't fight Pac @ 147. I guess they also believe Pac won't go to 140 for Lomachenko. What I read says Pac will go to 140 for Loma, but not Crawford! That if Loma says he'll go to 140, Team Pacquiao will welcome the fight!

October 27, 2016:

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach is completely on board with Bob Arum's idea for 2017 - to make a dream fight between Manny Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38KOs) vs. Vasyl Lomachenko (6-1, 4KOs).

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Arum - who promotes both fighters under the Top Rank banner - believes that match can be done at a catch-weight between lightweight and junior welterweight. Arum believes Pacquiao could get down as low as the lightweight limit of 135 if he wanted to...

Roach agrees that Pacquiao can make the lightweight limit, but he would rather have that fight take place at the junior welterweight.

Lomachenko is already a two-division world champion in only seven pro fights. The two-time Olympic gold medal winner is regarded by a lot of experts as the greatest amateur fighter in the history of the game.

Roach is not that impressed with Lomachenko. He credits him with being a good, smart fighter - but he believes the Ukrainian talent might be getting a little overhyped.

"Yeah, [Pacquiao] can make 135, but I would rather him fight [Lomachenko] at 140. The thing is, Lomachenko.... I haven't really thought about that fight because the weights are too far apart I thought. I would love that fight. I would pat Bob on the back for that fight. I would yes to that fight. I don't think [Lomachenko] is that good. He's a good fighter, yes. I've seen him look terrible in fights when he first came over here," Roach said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-pac...t-good--110156

Why is 140 OK for Lomachenko, but 140 is not good for Terence Crawford?
        read what you want but if crawford wants to fight manny, then he needs to go up to 147 because A-side.

who says anything about 140 is good enough for loma but not crawford?

Comment

cheap arum didn't wanna pay broner $4M ..one thing broner can do is sell a fight, he deserves that amount.. pac vs broner would outsell pac vs vargas anyday. .and broner will rightfully demand a higher purse vs crawford too and that will also kill that fight.. crawford is the more talented but with the swagger of a rock he needs a guy like AB to spice up promotion.

Comment

AB don't want them type of problems, he can't even stay focused. Come into the ring against Bud not focused and AB will be going to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              read what you want but if crawford wants to fight manny, then he needs to go up to 147 because A-side.

who says anything about 140 is good enough for loma but not crawford?
              Did you not read what Roach said? He said he would gladly fight Lomachenko @ 140! Why is he OK fighting Lomachenko @ 140, but not Crawford @ 140? Let me see where you're at right now. If Crawford agrees to fight Danny Garcia @ 147, but won't fight Pacquiao @ 147, is that a "duck?" If Pacquiao agrees to fight Lomachenko @ 140, but not Crawford @ 140, is that a "duck?" If Canelo agrees to fight Chavez Jr. @ 164, but won't fight GGG @ 160, is that a "duck?" If GGG agrees to fight Chavez Jr. @168, but he wanted Ward @ 164, is that a "duck?" I'm very interested in how you determine someone "ducking" or not!
              Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-14-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Would love to see Broner do the chicken dance again.. Crawford will probably stop broner...

Comment

I am all for this fight. Two of the biggest braggers in boxing against each other. Both of them are very good fighters and can punch very hard. Crawford is the harder trainer and by far the more reliable performer so he would probably win. Broner hits a lot harder than Gamboa and Gamboa hurt Crawford so I think Broner could KO Crawford if he can land his best punches. Crawford has a fast two fisted hard punching attack that gives Broner so much trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by dsomonster View Post
                    Bronx, Pac ain't ducking Bud. Pac will want the fight at WW and Bud already stated he will fight Pac at JWW. Bud is going to have to give in and fight Manny at WW if this is going down.

Now, if Bud agrees to fight Manny at WW and Team Pacquiao come up with other excuses, then YES, Team Pac is ducking.

I think Bud fights at JWW at least a few more times before moving up to WW. It all depends on how difficult it will be for Bud to make 140 in the future.

Bud>>>Broner, but if AB comes in motivated and his team gets him in really good shape, this could be an upset in the making.
                    What do you make of the fact that Roach says he would gladly accept a fight with Lomachenko at 140? Is that odd? Why is he willing to fight the 130 champ @ 140, but not the 140 champ @ 140?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      I am all for this fight. Two of the biggest braggers in boxing against each other. Both of them are very good fighters and can punch very hard. Crawford is the harder trainer and by far the more reliable performer so he would probably win. Broner hits a lot harder than Gamboa and Gamboa hurt Crawford so I think Broner could KO Crawford if he can land his best punches. Crawford has a fast two fisted hard punching attack that gives Broner so much trouble.
                      crawford isn't really a bragger he is quite and laid back for the most part.broner's power is overrated and he doesn't throw much.crawford would light him up.

Comment

Working...
                      X