Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Broner: Bob Arum is Open To Making The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Broner: Bob Arum is Open To Making The Fight

Bob Arum intends to again present Terence Crawford as an option for Manny Pacquiao's next fight. If Pacquiao and his trainer, Freddie Roach, continue to pass on a Crawford fight, Arum won't let failed negotiations for a Pacquiao-Adrien Broner bout earlier this year deter him from trying to make a Crawford-Broner battle in 2017.
    [Click Here To Read More]

broner would take a sustained beating in this fight.

Comment

I like this one. About the only fighter I can think of that could really embarrass Broner. That would be worth watching.

Comment

Going to have to wait for that PBC hedge fund to dry up first.

Comment

Going with Broner if this one happens. Think it'll look a lot like Charlo-Williams..

Broner will catch Crawford with a counter right hand and rock his world while down on the cards.

Comment

All f***ing right, are we going to have a Broner fight or a Pacquiao fight for Crawford?! Because I really want the latter.

Comment

AB is easy work for Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                Going with Broner if this one happens. Think it'll look a lot like Charlo-Williams..

Broner will catch Crawford with a counter right hand and rock his world while down on the cards.
                That's more like Broner-Porter. For sure, Broner has been consistent in showing durability, eg he also came on strong against Maidana down the stretch too. If Maidana hadn't clocked him again late on in the fight and stop his momentum, he could have taken control down the stretch - but credit to Maidana, he stopped that happening.

Meantime it was too little too late with Porter as well.

I suspect Broner would show durability again, and look good in flashes, but he has also shown an issue with activity, he just doesn't put out enough during fights. His personal issues suggest he's not going to arrive at any future fights in better condition to raise his activity level and sustain it for 12 against a top opponent, and there's The Real Problem.

Meantime his polarising personality means he can and will continue to demand high purses, and possibly keep pricing himself out of fights. Broner will be up for this, but I suspect his handlers will know he's better off staying on the fringes with fights where he remains favourite to win, eg Granados.

So expect Broner's handlers to price him out of this one. Deliberately.

Comment

Broner's big mouth would sell the fight by itself regardless of what actually happens in the ring on fight night!

Comment

Crawford should be fighting Pacquiao next! Hopefully Pacquiao doesn't duck him! If he does though, I would love to see Crawford vs. Broner! The problem for Crawford is Burns wants Broner too, and so does Burns' promoter. I can see Broner choosing to fight Burns first, get the belt, and then negotiate with Arum. In a perfect world, we get Pacquiao vs. Crawford, Broner vs. Burns, and then hopefully, both Crawford and Broner move up to 147!

Comment

Working...
                    X