No announcement yet.

Where Is The Love For Charlo??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Is The Love For Charlo??

The majority of people said J-Rock was going to win, J-Rock was going to expose Charlo, then what happened?? Charlo beat the little sissy to a pulp, Charlo beats everyone at 154 easily other than Canelo, and Charlo beats everyone at 160 easily other than Golovkin, both of those are winnable fights but as of now I will go with Golovkin and Canelo over Charlo

I like Charlo; I like him a lot.

I'm not sure if he can beat Andrade or Canelo. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if he can beat Hurd and Lubin either. There are some killers at 154. It was a great win for Jermall last night. Great win.

Regarding 160, if he carries his power, I give him a great chance against Golovkin. I don't like his chances against Jacobs because of how easy and clean he gets hit at times. With Jacobs length and power, I feel that's an accident waiting to happen.

But that said, I have a lot of love for Charlo. He's a great exciting fighter that speaks with his hands in the ring. Boxing is on the up and up with guys like this on the front line and active.

Comment

I don't know, I enjoyed his performance, but was disgusted at his post fight antics. Some people are saying they enjoy that, and that's ok, but you can't be an ass and not expect some people to not like it, it comes with the territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
        I don't know, I enjoyed his performance, but was disgusted at his post fight antics. Some people are saying they enjoy that, and that's ok, but you can't be an ass and not expect some people to not like it, it comes with the territory.
        Idk bro they were old friends, and J-Rock wouldn't even look at him when the ref was saying the rules, there maybe some real bad blood between them

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

I'm not sure if he can beat Andrade or Canelo. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if he can beat Hurd and Lubin either. There are some killers at 154. It was a great win for Jermall last night. Great win.

Regarding 160, if he carries his power, I give him a great chance against Golovkin. I don't like his chances against Jacobs because of how easy and clean he gets hit at times. With Jacobs length and power, I feel that's an accident waiting to happen.

But that said, I have a lot of love for Charlo. He's a great exciting fighter that speaks with his hands in the ring. Boxing is on the up and up with guys like this on the front line and active.
          C'mon man. Just 24 hours people were saying he couldn't beat Julian Williams. Now he can't beat Hurd or even Erickson Lubin?

Comment

i picked him to win, but the KO was a shocker IMO. hes got the benefit of working with lara in his training camps everyday. that alone has paid off in helping shape him into a solid power puncher who has good footwork and counters really good. vs canelo and ggg in due time will tell but where as canelo and ggg starting to hit their ceiling, charlo is just beginning his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

If Canelo had the goods to beat Charlo....he would have given Floyd a run for his money.

Comment

I fux with Charlo. I picked J-DROP to win a close fight, and I was quite wrong. Charlo handled his business in there. And big Fn deal, he let his emotion get the best of him, but he was man enough to admit it, apologize, and we need to move on. I was thoroughly impressed and agree that he is the best 154 fighter (I consider the lineal 160 champ a MW). I think GGG, Canelo, and MAYBE Jacobs (I think it's a winnable fight for Charlo) best him at 160, but Charlo is right behind them

Comment

I thought the close win over Trout was more impressive, even if Trout was past his best.

Williams went into this fight extremely over-rated despite beating absolutely nobody of note, it was strange. People are quick to get on other guys who have several good wins, but are so quick to hype up these guys who have beat a who's who of nobodies.

Charlo looks solid, but lets see him against a Lara, Andrade (who also needs to fight some real opposition), etc...

Comment

I'm super excited to see where he goes from here. I think he's got a style that would trouble Golovkin. But, if he stays at 154, Canelo, Andrade, and Lara are great, near 50/50 fights, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X