No announcement yet.

Where Is The Love For Charlo??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Just another in a long line of fighters with ridiculous hype based on beating bums.

World class fighters with good wins get picked apart, yet guys like this get pumped up
    Let the Church say Amen

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      I dont mean any harm but why was J-Rock so hyped?? he has beaten literally no one and was just a damn IBF mandatory
      That's what I want to know. Remember that night both Charlo's fought. I think Jermell fought Julian Jackson's son and Jermall fought Trout. I believe the main event was Lara vs Matarosian. That entire night I was reading on twitter by so called boxing journalist and it was even eluded to by the commentators that everybody who fought that night had managed to avoid J-Rock.

I'm like really? Who has he beat that every good junior middleweight is avoiding him. It's very weird how boxing fans will deny fighters who keep getting decent to good wins, but praise fighters as boogeymen who haven't fought anybody.

Even before the fight, I would've picked both Charlo's, Andrade, Lara, and Canelo to beat J-Rock. He'll have to deal with the others eventually and you can expect him to accumulate more losses.

Side note: The poster that's "unsure" Jermall can beat Erickson Lubin...are you out of your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        I dont mean any harm but why was J-Rock so hyped?? he has beaten literally no one and was just a damn IBF mandatory
        Yeah, it was really weird. People just kind of put Williams on the same level as Charlo and Andrade, despite both those fighters being much more proven.

Nothing wrong with thinking J-Rock is that good, but people were so damn insistent.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Such is the huge flaw with all Haymon's fighters. Hopefully it doesn't happen to Jermall. This absolutely isn't a win he can sit on, and if he thinks this makes him a star, he's mistaken. It's a win that reveals the path to become a star, but he's not there.
          I'm not sure if Haymon's 154-160lbers are gonna become stars simply by fighting each other. There are some entertaining match-ups that can be made though.

Comment

I like Jermall. I just don't love him the way you do. He is a good champion who defends his title against top guys. He didn't deserve to be booed by the crowd after refused to be friends with J-Rock after the fight. He had every right to do that because J-Rock had badly disrespected him and trashed him for a long time. I don't think he can beat Lara, Andrade or Canelo because he had too hard of time beating a Trout who had seen better days. Still, he is a fine champion with a chance to beat anyone at 154 or 160.

Comment

Jermall will be a force. He is already showing more heart than ward and Canelo right now, with the willingness to fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                The majority of people said J-Rock was going to win, J-Rock was going to expose Charlo, then what happened?? Charlo beat the little sissy to a pulp, Charlo beats everyone at 154 easily other than Canelo, and Charlo beats everyone at 160 easily other than Golovkin, both of those are winnable fights but as of now I will go with Golovkin and Canelo over Charlo
                Who are you to be calling anyone a sissy? Until you fight for a world title stfu and know your place.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  Who are you to be calling anyone a sissy? Until you fight for a world title stfu and know your place.
                  I was an amateur fighter but I choose to serve my country in stead of going pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                    I was an amateur fighter but I choose to serve my country in stead of going pro
                    So? Are you a better fighter than j rock...could you beat charlo? If you were a fighter you should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      So? Are you a better fighter than j rock...could you beat charlo? If you were a fighter you should know better.
                      I would rip J-Rock apart, I don't know if I would beat Charlo I doubt it but J-Rock would get destroyed if we fought, he got dropped by Jab ffs, and I'm bigger than Williams by a lot, I fought at light heavyweight, maybe we could meat at super middleweight if he's down

Comment

Working...
                      X