The Last Man Standing II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Yeah i was looking back through my PMs to see if i missed his picks

Like i say, he gets the benefit of the doubt if someone can say they saw his picks pre fight. Ill take their word for it out of respect to the champ
    yeahhhh, no one saw his picks because he didnt make one, that bum was lucky the 1st time anyways.

waiting for the next round, #bringit

Comment

• Originally posted by Kazakh Boxing View Post
      yeahhhh, no one saw his picks because he didnt make one, that bum was lucky the 1st time anyways.

waiting for the next round, #bringit
      Contemplating next round.

Is Stiverne vs Povetkin close enough? Everyone will pick Povetkin and he will prob win. But if Stiverne pulls it off it ****s the competition. I prefer genuine 50/50s for that reason.

Also in contention, Barrera vs Shabransky. Thats a good fight, but maybe a step below the level i wanted to use.

Im not sure.

Jezreel Corrales vs Uchiyama on the 31st Dec will be in for sure. Just not sure about what to do this weekend

Comment

Is Stiverne vs Povetkin close enough? Everyone will pick Povetkin and he will prob win. But if Stiverne pulls it off it ****s the competition. I prefer genuine 50/50s for that reason.

Also in contention, Barrera vs Shabransky. Thats a good fight, but maybe a step below the level i wanted to use.

Im not sure.

Jezreel Corrales vs Uchiyama on the 31st Dec will be in for sure. Just not sure about what to do this weekend
        U can do both Povetkin and barrera fights at once like last round. Barrera fight definitely passes as 50-50 and its not a small fight imo.

whereas Povetkin fight should be there too because 1st it is a big enough fight and 2nd I think Stiverne is a live dog in there well more so then Povetkin's past 4 opponents. Stiverne is a former champ too.

Comment

Im not sure.

Corrales v Uchiyama is the only compelling fight left tbh.

Pov v Stiverne is one sided and the other fight is between two fringe contenders (at best).

Keep this prediction league for the top fights and if that means just one more fight this year, so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Corrales v Uchiyama is the only compelling fight left tbh.

Pov v Stiverne is one sided and the other fight is between two fringe contenders (at best).

Keep this prediction league for the top fights and if that means just one more fight this year, so be it.
            im inclined to agree

Comment

im inclined to agree
              come on tommy boy u r missing the fights here which r not one-sided, Sherbanskyy was the fav and lost miserably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kazakh Boxing View Post
                come on tommy boy u r missing the fights here which r not one-sided, Sherbanskyy was the fav and lost miserably.
                Everyone would have picked him and lost though !

Next round is Jezreel Corrales vs Uchiyama next week

Comment

ah come on thats 13 days away,

oh wth wait we shall I guess

Comment

If I had to make a prediction on this, I dunno if I would have automatically picked Shrab. The guy literally fought no one and was in a Williams position. Barrera showed he can go 12 with Ward and lay gloves on him, so ofc he'd be able to land on someone like Shrab, who I don't think I've ever seen fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      If I had to make a prediction on this, I dunno if I would have automatically picked Shrab. The guy literally fought no one and was in a Williams position. Barrera showed he can go 12 with Ward and lay gloves on him, so ofc he'd be able to land on someone like Shrab, who I don't think I've ever seen fight.
                      True it was maybe trickier pick than given credit fkr but i think most would have swayed towards shabransky as the safe bet.

Plus, it wasnt a world level fight so i dont think it really qualified.

Im happy fir this to be a slow burning comp if it means picking the right fights

Comment

Working...
                      X