How has Ward gotten away with...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
    Alvarado did what in the ring exactly?
    Boxing is in the entertainment industry and he was awarded the highest honor with his Foty.Ward will never make it to that level.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      Boxing is in the entertainment industry and he was awarded the highest honor with his Foty.Ward will never make it to that level.
      LOL. being in the fight of the year is the highest honor in boxing??LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Because boxing is bought mainly by stupid people that just want some idol from their own race or country. They will support the guy no matter what so the people in the business know when to enforce the rules or not. They favour the guy than can make more money for them.
        yea.. because ..Ward makes so much damn money for the "people in the business"..he's the cash cow right. Ward makes it rain.

Comment

It's hard to control judges. I mean, one judge thought Canelo was even 114-114 with Mayweather.

Judges thought Bradley defeated Pacquaio.

And judges thought Ward beat Kovalev. All these guys were wrong, and most people acknowledge it. Except the fanboys.

Rematch is the only way for Ward to clear the record from that stain. I haven't heard it happening. Only heard Ward saying he's going to make negotiations difficult for Kovalev for a rematch. I don't really see a rematch happening.

Comment

LOL. being in the fight of the year is the highest honor in boxing??LMFAO
            This just tells me that you dksab. Fight of the year has always been boxing's greatest achievement and Mike has reached that distinguished plateau twice. He belongs in the hall along side greats like Chacon and Gatti, but politics will likely keep him out. Anybody can win fighter of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              this just tells me that you dksab. Fight of the year has always been boxing's greatest achievement and mike has reached that distinguished plateau twice. He belongs in the hall along side greats like chacon and gatti, but politics will likely keep him out. Anybody can win fighter of the year.
              so being in a fight of the year is greater then becoming a multi time champion, and beating other hall of fame fighters??? Being in a tough fight with another sub par fighter is the greatest achievement in boxing??lol

Comment

so being in a fight of the year is greater then becoming a multi time champion, and beating other hall of fame fighters??? Being in a tough fight with another sub par fighter is the greatest achievement in boxing??lol
                What hofs have Ward beat? I think Kovalev gets there eventually,but nobody else on his resume should make the hall. It also wasn't just some tough fight,it was the foty. Broner is a four weight champion, in this era it's easy to claim a trinket. In his prime Mike brought action,fans never felt cheated after watching him fight. Imop their is no higher praise you can give as a fan. Ward isn't special, Molina had that same crappy style and was well on his way to receiving the same praise,but was mercifully deported. If only that could happen to Ward.

Comment

To be fair and objective Ward does hold/grab/head butt too often. But ward tries to play the good person in front of the camera some people say.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                    yea.. because ..Ward makes so much damn money for the "people in the business"..he's the cash cow right. Ward makes it rain.
                    Remember me how much did Roc Nation pay Ward for the fight? 5+ millions. Now you know they invested on him and could not afford to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      thread

guess he missed all those kovalev initiated head locks...these dudes see what they want to see
                      What a sad little gimp bet you go sniping out threads like this to slurp on someone defending Ward you pathetic little loser

Comment

Working...
                      X