De La Hoya-Pacquiao: 8 Year Anniversary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Margarito had got that fight.

Comment

All time favorite cherry pick gone wrong. **** Oscar for this, I'm so glad he came into the ring a zombie and got brutalized.

Comment

Cherry pick gone wrong. pacquiao became a mega star after that fight.

Comment

It was pass a torch fight,if it was cherry pick it was from Manny,but i dont blame him it was money fight for both of them,Oscar knew whats gonna happen.

Comment

Man, that was a cherry pick gone wrong. I remember all the Oscar by KO predictions at the time.

I remember that Froch Vs Pascal was on that night as well. Tyson Fury made his debut on the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

What on earth made you think DLH would stop him?

He was way over the hill as a fighter, a shell of himself.

I can't stand it when people glorify that win, there are times when a fighter deserves credit for beating an over the hill legend, this isn't one of them. Pac stains love clinging to this but it's not even close to being compared to when Floyd beat DLH for example, and DLH was past his prime then.
              EVERYONE thought De La Hoya would do a trick on Pacquiao, it's so easy to say 8 years after that you knew it would happen. But I call mayor bull****! Everyone expected a mismatch because of the size of Pac. People even talked about boycutting it.

Can't believe it's already 8 years ago.

Comment

Hindsight can diminish everything, especially when you're trying to reason an incorrect prediction. So whatever excuses any of us can come up with for Hoya, one thing is abundantly clear: Manny was exceptionally prepared that night. From the very start of the fight to the last minute of the fight it was evident Manny had a great training camp and he was prepared to face the very best version of Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

Being past his prime was one thing, but being weight drained was why he got dominated so easily. The look on De La Hoya's face when Nacho said he was stopping the fight told the whole story.

Oscar was at a crossroads and you can tell by the look in his eyes that he just had nothing left anymore, not just for that fight, but for his career. That's why I can't criticize Oscar too much for quitting. It's not right to kick a man when he's down and when he realizes he just doesn't have it anymore.

Comment

For the record, I picked Manny by close decision. De La Hoya looked old against Forbes who just wasn't good enough to exploit De La Hoya's age.

I was surprised at how bad Oscar looked against Pac. I thought even a weight drained De La Hoya would still make the fight competitive even while losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                      Can't believe how fast time goes by. I remember how confident I was that Pacquiao was getting stopped. Did you guys order it? bet money on Pacquiao? Any story you want to share about this event? lol

This was the fight that really got me into boxing. I didn't know all the particulars (catch weights, A side/B side, etc.) about boxing back then, but I remember seeing a typhoon of a boxer in Pac Man.

Once I got to know more about boxing, I thought that Pac had drained DLH, but I'm glad yall are reminding me that DLH was definitely the A side and set the terms.

Comment

Working...
                      X