No announcement yet.

De La Hoya-Pacquiao: 8 Year Anniversary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De La Hoya-Pacquiao: 8 Year Anniversary

Can't believe how fast time goes by. I remember how confident I was that Pacquiao was getting stopped. Did you guys order it? bet money on Pacquiao? Any story you want to share about this event? lol

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    Can't believe how fast time goes by. I remember how confident I was that Pacquiao was getting stopped. Did you guys order it? bet money on Pacquiao? Any story you want to share about this event? lol

What on earth made you think DLH would stop him?

He was way over the hill as a fighter, a shell of himself.

I can't stand it when people glorify that win, there are times when a fighter deserves credit for beating an over the hill legend, this isn't one of them. Pac stains love clinging to this but it's not even close to being compared to when Floyd beat DLH for example, and DLH was past his prime then.

Comment

This was sweet. Dela hoya trying to cherry pick a fighter multiple division down. This PAC was already HOF pac....he accomplished more after this fight

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

What on earth made you think DLH would stop him?

He was way over the hill as a fighter, a shell of himself.

I can't stand it when people glorify that win, there are times when a fighter deserves credit for beating an over the hill legend, this isn't one of them. Pac stains love clinging to this but it's not even close to being compared to when Floyd beat DLH for example, and DLH was past his prime then.
        Wasn't Pacquiao going up two divisions? De La Hoya by stoppage was the general consensus.

Comment

Wasn't Pacquiao going up two divisions? De La Hoya by stoppage was the general consensus.
          revisionist history.

Comment

It would be a stupid assumption. A majority opinion doesn't mean it's a sound one lol.

I was begging for DLH to retire after the Floyd loss. He was not focused any longer, destroying himself with drugs, and a promoter already.

I won't give credit to Pac for beating a man who had no business in the ring with anyone at that point of his life and career, especially when prime for prime Manny would have no chance.

Comment

It would be a stupid assumption. A majority opinion doesn't mean it's a sound one lol.

I was begging for DLH to retire after the Floyd loss. He was not focused any longer, destroying himself with drugs, and a promoter already.

I won't give credit to Pac for beating a man who had no business in the ring with anyone at that point of his life and career, especially when prime for prime Manny would have no chance.
              prime de lahoya beats floyd too.
              Did you give floyd credit for "beating" past prime de la hoya?
              Last edited by Mr. Objectivity; 12-07-2016, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                prime de lahoya beats floyd too.
                Did you give floyd credit for "beating" past prime de la hoya?
                I agree with that, I think it's a lot closer but I would favor DLH going in.

DLH wins most of his fantasy matchups for me because I always consider fantasy head to head fights to be prime for prime and at their best, not with handicap type conditions for either of them.

DLH happens to be a fighter who's only setbacks, downfalls, and career derailments came from his irresponsibility, drug abuse, lack of focus, and distractions.

Thus, in fantasy matchups he's essentially the perfect fighter because none of his flaws were related to his skill/gifts/talent/conditioning/ring IQ etc.

Comment

[/COLOR][/FONT]
                  That ain't Manny's fault, though. Oscar was the one who wanted Pacquiao. Oscar was the A side. And Oscar was the biggest money fight that Pacquiao could possibly get at that time. So what was Manny supposed to do, turn it down? Oscar wanted it. Not the other way around. And lmao @ people who blame Manny for the catch weight on that fight...Oscar was the one who had final say. Not Pacquiao.

Comment

Oscar was also 35 and coming down to a weight he hadn't been at in 7 1/2 years.

It's funny how people discredit Floyd's win over Oscar but credit Pacquaio

Comment

Working...
                    X