Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer: We're Ready To Take Gennady Golovkin's Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    right.....

they could have made Jacobs a better offer, but they didn't

like they could have made BJS a better offer, but they didn't

will they ever ?
    Saunders has the WBO belt, which GGG wants, so they will make him a better offer, now they know the money from the UK fans would be there to pay for it.

Jacobs doesn't have anything GGG wants. He's just a mando without a fan base. If I was Loeffler I wouldn't offer him any more than the mandated split. And if Jacobs turns down his shot .. that's his problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Forte View Post
      Jacobs should get paid about $200k less than whatever Lemieux got paid. David was a legit champion coming into a unification fight. Jacobs is a Mando bringing nothing but his name to the table.
      I'm not one to count another man's pocket, but I agree with your sentiment. DJ brings nothing but name and a feel-good story.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        BS, this is why boxing sucks.

Fans follow "negotiations" for ****ing years. I cannot follow another negotiation report and do not give a **** what jacobs lies about what he's going to do.

WHen the fight is announced it is announced

right so..... you didn't follow the negotiation, but Jacobs is lying?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Saunders has the WBO belt, which GGG wants, so they will make him a better offer, now they know the money from the UK fans would be there to pay for it.....
          aaah, so that is the reason why they low-balled him ?

LMAO

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          ..... Jacobs doesn't have anything GGG wants. He's just a mando without a fan base. If I was Loeffler I wouldn't offer him any more than the mandated split. And if Jacobs turns down his shot .. that's his problem.
          the only thing you said that makes any sense, is that Team Bull**** clearly do not need/want, that fight

Comment

• it is clearly obvious what's up.....

like kafkod said, Team Bull**** do not need Danny Jacobs

Saunders on the other hand, is a different case entirely

the WBO champion Saunders holds the last remaining piece of the middleweight puzzle..... and yet, Team Bull**** offered him 1.5mil

it is clearly obvious who is in no hurry whatsoever to make meaningful fights..... it is the guy who refused to negotiate with Canelo on the weight, and then refused to fight him for 10mil

could have fought Lara, but CHOSE not to

could have fought Ward, but CHOSE not to

could have fought Cotto, but totally refused to negotiate on the weight..... despite talking all that 154-168 smack for FOUR YEARS

the common-denominator is CLEARLY obvious, especially when Abel Sanchez admitted that Golovkin..... a) selects his opponents..... b) is not concerned about legacy..... c) will not take a fight unless it happens on his terms

that is not hate, because nothing that I said is untrue

but..... lets forget all about that and bash Andre Ward LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Golovkin is there to be hit. Jacobs hits extremely hard with both hands, and can box.

If Jacobs, America's top middleweight (battling back from cancer to try and conquer the world), wins the fight, BSE has a guy that they can feature at Barclays Center for his 2-3 fights every year and Showtime has another top fighter to consider taking to PPV for certain matchups.

Showtime/Haymon have made their middleweight bet on "Miracle Man" Daniel Jacobs, and walking away from the fight does no one any good.

keep ignoring reality if you want.
              I disagree. PBC made their bet on Quillin. Jacobs lucked into a interim belt no doubt, but it was Quillin who got the big bucks for a WBO title showdown with Andy Lee. It was Quillin they tried to protect from Korobov. It was Quillin who was supposed to win that Jacobs fight.

Haymon has no clue what to do with Danny boy but he knows this....if he lets him fight Golovkin he's going to have one less (so-called) "champion" in his stable

Comment

right.....

they could have made Jacobs a better offer, but they didn't

like they could have made BJS a better offer, but they didn't

will they ever ?
                Or Jacobs' team could simply have accepted an offer that is most likely to be MANY TIMES what he earned for his last fight

Unfortunately, their attitude seems to be centred upon what his earning power will be should he lose rather than if he wins

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Forte View Post
                  I disagree. PBC made their bet on Quillin. Jacobs lucked into a interim belt no doubt, but it was Quillin who got the big bucks for a WBO title showdown with Andy Lee. It was Quillin they tried to protect from Korobov. It was Quillin who was supposed to win that Jacobs fight.

Haymon has no clue what to do with Danny boy but he knows this....if he lets him fight Golovkin he's going to have one less (so-called) "champion" in his stable
                  Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I think the stage was set for Quillin and Jacobs, the top two middleweights under the PBC banner, to fight and the winner, whomever it was, to get treated as "the" middleweight.

Because Quillin and Jacobs, more or less, had quite similar profiles; both are NY-based fighters, both are big punching, both can talk that talk (though Jacobs comes across better on the mic), both are American, and both are live underdogs in a Golovkin fight.

Jacobs winning the fight, imo, seems to have made it easier for Haymon's middleweight to be positioned as the "face of Brooklyn Boxing".

Beyond that, let's see how good Golovkin really is; there've been enough fighters able to get off on Golovkin (utilizing similar tools to what Jacobs comes with) that it's not like Golovkin fighting Dominic Wade or something.

Jacobs is going to head in their with what he's got and see where he stands; no real sense in coddling him forever, tbh.

Comment

hold on, let me check that.....

*Murray
                    *Lemieux

nah, you're an idiot !

and..... who's ass did you crawl out of, alt?
                    Listen boy as GGG cannot force fighters to face him. Boxing protects their top boxers to avoid losses. GGG seems willing to bang with anyone. Jacobs gets KO'd boy deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
                      Even more 'greatness' is his aura of invincibility, such that other boxers don't want any of him in the ring.
                      Hard to argue with GGG's success and KO string. The measure of a fighters is his record then who the fightewr has fought. Not GGG's fault most run away from fighting the KO warrior GGG. Most boxers are dumb anywat and afraid of challenges.

Comment

Working...
                      X