Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute vs. Eleider Alvarez Set For February 25, Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    but this has nothing to do with stevenson and everything to do with alvarez and his promoter maximizing his dollar

they offered pascal first..he's leveraging his position hopin ghe can win and get a pay day before st3venson and after
    I heard Pascal wanted the Bute fight but Michel wouldn't grant him the opportunity to face Stevenson if he won so that's why the deal broke down.

Like you said, we can't blame Alvarez here. He's put himself into a position to possibly cash out twice. Once with the Bute fight but he get's to have a good opportunity to cash out a second time vs Stevenson instead of cashing out once now vs Stevenson.

Comment

This is crap. So Stevenson does nothing, Alvarez takes yet another fight when he should be fighting for a title and Bute is back at 175 where he has no chance against these bigger dudes?

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        This is crap. So Stevenson does nothing, Alvarez takes yet another fight when he should be fighting for a title and Bute is back at 175 where he has no chance against these bigger dudes?
        how can u blame stevenson for another guy signing to fight another guy..he's still th number 1 contender and he's fighting a guy comingoff 2 losses basically..

Comment

how can u blame stevenson for another guy signing to fight another guy..he's still th number 1 contender and he's fighting a guy comingoff 2 losses basically..
          I'm not blaming him, I'm saying the whole situation sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            I'm not blaming him, I'm saying the whole situation sucks!
            no alvarez is following the trend..money is more important than belts

bute is the money man in canada..this might even be ppv there

he'll get 2 big fights instead of just one..if he goes right for stevenson he likely risk a bad loss and then there is no bute fight..
            smart business by eleider tbh

Comment

So Bute tested positive for a banned substance and gets rewarded with a title eliminator??????????
              Last edited by richardt; 12-07-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

no alvarez is following the trend..money is more important than belts

bute is the money man in canada..this might even be ppv there

he'll get 2 big fights instead of just one..if he goes right for stevenson he likely risk a bad loss and then there is no bute fight..
                smart business by eleider tbh
                It will be! Any fight involving Pascal, Stevenson, Bute or Lemieux is a PPV in Quebec regardless of the opponent. Pascal vs Kovalev on regular HBO in the US is blocked on HBO Canada since it's a PPV for us. Same thing with Stevenson fighting Karpency on a friday night on Spike.

Comment

I don't blame Alvarez or anyone else for maximizing their earning potential but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'd watch Alvarez vs Bute because I think Alvarez is an average fighter with nothing impressive about him. Bute is entertaining but his best years are way behind him and he's not a LHW. Stevenson has become irrelevant. His one fight in 2016 against Top Dog (can't recall his name) was a spoon fed opponent. He seems to enjoy the status of being lineal LHW and will milk it by weak opposition and inactivity for as long as he can get away with it. I understand it, but none of it makes for compelling boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    I don't blame Alvarez or anyone else for maximizing their earning potential but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'd watch Alvarez vs Bute because I think Alvarez is an average fighter with nothing impressive about him. Bute is entertaining but his best years are way behind him and he's not a LHW. Stevenson has become irrelevant. His one fight in 2016 against Top Dog (can't recall his name) was a spoon fed opponent. He seems to enjoy the status of being lineal LHW and will milk it by weak opposition and inactivity for as long as he can get away with it. I understand it, but none of it makes for compelling boxing.
                    not sure i can call top dog spoon fed when he was ko'ing everyone he was getting in with and producing fight of the year type fights..i'm still yet to see a fight better than him vs rodriguez this year..IT WAS BOMBS AWAY ALL NIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                      It will be! Any fight involving Pascal, Stevenson, Bute or Lemieux is a PPV in Quebec regardless of the opponent. Pascal vs Kovalev on regular HBO in the US is blocked on HBO Canada since it's a PPV for us. Same thing with Stevenson fighting Karpency on a friday night on Spike.
                      ... Yes: people don't know what the Quebecoise market is about...

Comment

Working...
                      X