Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute vs. Eleider Alvarez Set For February 25, Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Stevenson is 39 years old and hasn't fought a top contender since Fonfara, over 2 years ago. Alvarez at least earned a shot, so wtf...
    but this has nothing to do with stevenson and everything to do with alvarez and his promoter maximizing his dollar

they offered pascal first..he's leveraging his position hopin ghe can win and get a pay day before st3venson and after

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      GYM are desperately trying to make Alvarez seem like a big fight for Stevenson when in fact he's no better than Chilemba who was a tune-up for Kovalev

If there can still be no unification, then Stevenson needs to face someone like Beterbiev, Gvozdyk or Shabranskyy next year. Otherwise what is the point of his career
      head to had chilemba is a ugly match up for alvarez, but alvarez is overall a better fighter..he's earned his shot..gym doesnt have to make it a meaningful fight..alvarez already did..

but getting this win will likely mak him more popular and confident..so w/e

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        The real mystery is why people still make a big deal out of stevenson or expect anything from him. He is 39-40 years old and has had one or two noteworthy fights in his career. Do you think he's gonna suddenly "get serious about this boxing thing" at 41?

It's over. The convicted pedo took your money, ducked every top fighter in his division and is cruising to the finish line.
        u can love it you can hate it..but that 40 year old is big business and canada and a fan favorite...
        on a canadian boxing site this article has about 70 something comments in a few hours...

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Hopefully this will be the last time that Bute gets recycled.
          na he's about to be haymon/showtime version of chilemba..just way more popular..
          and this is the first time he got recycled tbh..he deserved more bouts after degale..but after robbing jack for a draw and popping dirty..yea he's on bad legs officially..alvarez is a real bum if he loses

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
            did u hear wat u just said?? fought SHABRANKSYY..u act as if that is the right fight to be in for no title lol..I LIKE THE FIGHT AS A FAN..but if u're a boxer u really think shabransky is the fight u wanna be placed in after a loss and for no title..and on top of that that is the total opposite side of the fence in boxing hbo/showtime

..as far as the mando part..the mando is the one who signed not to fight the champion but some other fighters..he isnt petitioning the wbc..he has article out saying he wants more experience..
            so u really think he's being held hostage now? he's in an easir fight and likely going to be a sell out crowd bc of bute..he's about to get paid well for a fight he shouldnt lose
            If he had beaten Shabranskyy then it would have made it easier to get a bigger fight.

I said the title is being held hostage, not Alvarez! He could easily lose to Bute, he only sc****d by Chilemba and Prieto.

Comment

Wow didn't see this coming, Bute getting another shot if he can upset Alvarez I definitely give him a chance of beating Stevenson!

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                If he had beaten Shabranskyy then it would have made it easier to get a bigger fight.

I said the title is being held hostage, not Alvarez! He could easily lose to Bute, he only sc****d by Chilemba and Prieto.
                i want to agree wtih the comment u said about shabransky, but this is boxing..that would have made him dangerous and unpopular..he likely would have been held out a year lol

the title isnt being held hostage..he actually stayed in the purse bid and kov left...he asked to fight ward only to be ignored..and his last fight was a damn good fight vs a former number 1 contender to the IBF...

i dont hear many ppl calling stevenson out..he's dangerous..even alvarez has stated he wants more fights..and u see that got and took them..

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                  Wow didn't see this coming, Bute getting another shot if he can upset Alvarez I definitely give him a chance of beating Stevenson!
                  u give him a chance at beating who???
                  looooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

To answers everyone, no Stevenson wont fight someone else meanwhile.

And they didnt force alvarez to take the fight, he eagerly accepted it with a smile

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                      u can love it you can hate it..but that 40 year old is big business and canada and a fan favorite...
                      on a canadian boxing site this article has about 70 something comments in a few hours...

Yep, close to 300 comments now!
                      http://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/a-defa...arez-1.3701411

People on this site seem to underestimate Bute's popularity in Quebec. I live in MTL. In his glory days, Bute easily filled up the Bell Centre and the sports bar vs b-level opponent (during the Super Six). A Bute-Stevenson showdown would be huge over here since Bute is beloved by the public and Stevenson is despised: there would be a natural Hero-Vilain dynamic.
                      Last edited by Afi23; 12-06-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X