Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Officially Announced For IBHOF Class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^marquez KO of pac is better than floyds last ten fight.

Ward will be an atg and hall of famer in oakland no doubt...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      CANASTOTA, NY - The International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum announced today the members of the Class of 2017. Inductees include three Modern category boxers who all enter the Hall in their first year of eligibility; Mexico's three-division champion "The Baby Faced Assassin" Marco Antonio Barrera,undisputed cruiserweight and heavyweight champion Evander "The Real Deal" Holyfield and three-division champion Johnny "Mi Vida Loca" Tapia (posthumous). Non-participants and observers to be inducted include Australian trainer Johnny Lewis, veteran judge Jerry Roth, journalist / broadcaster Steve Farhood and broadcaster Barry Tompkins.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Glad to see it. All three deserve this very much and for me, especially Barrera. He gave us a lot of great moments over the years, including his win over Tapia. Tapia, though, brought tons of energy and excitement as well. And of course, the Real Deal was the biggest name at one time. Congrats to all.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
        don't act like Salido having that many loses but still being considered a top fighter is the norm. He's the exception. Again, these opponents you mention are not "great" it's a good career but I don't really think he's a hall of famer. There's levels to boxing and just because you were good vs good competition doesn't make you great. He was beat by Paulie Ayala... Twice. He shouldn't be in the hall and neither should Gatti. Just look at the class who's getting in this year, can you really compare what Tapia did vs what Barrera and holyfield accomplished? It's not even very close. He can go into the hall of very good but sorry, I don't consider him to be hall if fame status. Just my opinion.
        "He's the exception"
        Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Henry Armstrong, etc...
        Thanks god that Dela Hoya was on the lucky side against Sturm, Quartey, Whitaker and Molina, if not, he wouldn't be an atg because he would have 10 losses.
        Many fighters in the hall of fame, never beat a great fighter, like Ricardo Lopez or Joe Calzaghe (Jones and B-Hop were old), but they still were atg's.
        And yes, Tapia doesn't have the accomplishments of Holyfield and Barrera, so?, Did Billy Conn had the same accomplishments as Robinson?, no, so he doesn't deserves to be in the hall of fame?.
        It's your opinion if you think that Tapia doesn't deserves to be in the hall of fame, but your arguments are what i find wrong, don't bring useless arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
          ^^^^marquez KO of pac is better than floyds last ten fight.

Ward will be an atg and hall of famer in oakland no doubt...LOL

wow, you sure do have a truckload of sand up your vagina over Mayweather

I sleep well, knowing that future confirmation of Ward's induction into Canastota..... will make you cry

oh, sorry..... I mean, first-ballot induction

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            wow, you sure do have a truckload of sand up your vagina over Mayweather

I sleep well, knowing that future confirmation of Ward's induction into Canastota..... will make you cry

oh, sorry..... I mean, first-ballot induction
            first ballot oakland HOF no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
              "He's the exception"
              Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Henry Armstrong, etc...
              Thanks god that Dela Hoya was on the lucky side against Sturm, Quartey, Whitaker and Molina, if not, he wouldn't be an atg because he would have 10 losses.
              Many fighters in the hall of fame, never beat a great fighter, like Ricardo Lopez or Joe Calzaghe (Jones and B-Hop were old), but they still were atg's.
              And yes, Tapia doesn't have the accomplishments of Holyfield and Barrera, so?, Did Billy Conn had the same accomplishments as Robinson?, no, so he doesn't deserves to be in the hall of fame?.
              It's your opinion if you think that Tapia doesn't deserves to be in the hall of fame, but your arguments are what i find wrong, don't bring useless arguments.
              my argument is useless but you basically just compared willy Salazar (who btw went 1-6 after facing Tapia) to sugar Ray Robinson, willie pep, and Henry Armstrong who also had abnormally long careers and were. Considered great in their prime . Willy Salazar is none of those things. Also, the problem with your argument is you're mentioning hall of famers in Lopez and Calzaghe who were considered pound for pound elites in their era to a guy in Tapia who was never considered a top 10 pound for pound guy.

Comment

Holyfield is the man. I was lucky enough to hang out with him a few times this year. He autographed seriously like 15 different posters for me. Well deserved. Probably my favorite fighter

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                  my argument is useless but you basically just compared willy Salazar (who btw went 1-6 after facing Tapia) to sugar Ray Robinson, willie pep, and Henry Armstrong who also had abnormally long careers and were. Considered great in their prime . Willy Salazar is none of those things. Also, the problem with your argument is you're mentioning hall of famers in Lopez and Calzaghe who were considered pound for pound elites in their era to a guy in Tapia who was never considered a top 10 pound for pound guy.
                  When i did mentioned Willy Salazar?
                  And more important, when i did something to compare him with Robinson, Armstrong or Pep?
                  Also, back in the late 90's, Tapia was considered a top 10 p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                    first ballot oakland HOF no doubt.

HOF depends solely on resume', so Ward is in

Golovkin, not.....

but, I'm sure Hypekin will be HOF..... in YOUR little mind

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      HOF depends solely on resume', so Ward is in

Golovkin, not.....

but, I'm sure Hypekin will be HOF..... in YOUR little mind

Most dominant and feared middleweight of his generation.
                      Wasnt involved with any controversial decision aka Roberries.
                      Monzon/hagler/BHOP/GGG - 1st ballot hall of famer son.

Comment

Working...
                      X