Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield, Barrera, Tapia Officially Announced For IBHOF Class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
    first off watch your mouth Internet tough guy. 2nd, sorry but his level of competition isn't overly impressive. He won his 1st title vs a guy with 22 losses and his 3rd vs a guy with 12 losses. What true top fighter has he ever beaten? Has he ever been considered a top pound for pound guy? I could make a stronger argument that a guy like mayorga should be a hall of famer.
    So if someone beats Salido it doesn't counts as a good win because he has double digit losses?.
    Mayorga should be hall of famer over Tapia, literally a one hit wonder?.
    Sorry but no, you are probably not aware that he beat the olympian and highly touted contender Arthur Johnson, the champion and also proud of Albuquerque, Danny Romero, the world champion Nana Yaw Konadu (who owned wins over Gilberto Roman and the great Veraphool), the olympic medalist and world champion Eleicer Julio and the five times featherweight champion, Manuel Medina.
    But you know, since some of them had double digit losses, it doesn't matters.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      So if someone beats Salido it doesn't counts as a good win because he has double digit losses?.
      Sorry but no, you are probably not aware that he beat the olympian and highly touted contender Arthur Johnson, the champion and also proud of Albuquerque, Danny Romero, the world champion Nana Yaw Konadu (who owned wins over Gilberto Roman and the great Veraphool), the olympic medalist and world champion Eleicer Julio and the five times featherweight champion, Manuel Medina.
      Great post

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
        Whhooo. paulie ayala was a solid good fighter, but lets not throw around the word great that often.....
        You are right. But a very good fighter who was naturally bigger than Johnny.

Comment

Originally posted by mev1 View Post
          You are right. But a very good fighter who was naturally bigger than Johnny.
          yes he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
            you and your mayweather agenda...i see through you boy

right, but nobody can see through your anti-Mayweather agenda..... right, pacstain?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                don't act like Salido having that many loses but still being considered a top fighter is the norm. He's the exception. Again, these opponents you mention are not "great" it's a good career but I don't really think he's a hall of famer. There's levels to boxing and just because you were good vs good competition doesn't make you great. He was beat by Paulie Ayala... Twice. He shouldn't be in the hall and neither should Gatti. Just look at the class who's getting in this year, can you really compare what Tapia did vs what Barrera and holyfield accomplished? It's not even very close. He can go into the hall of very good but sorry, I don't consider him to be hall if fame status. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
                  Hall of Fame includes many fighters for different reasons, some being the highest achievers, some capturing the imagination of the public. Some being somewhere in-between.
                  I think Corrales may make it yet, still time.
                  i hope so..i meant rocky graziano not the real rock

Comment

Three great fighters. Really happy for all of them, because they did a lot to take an interested kid and make him a hardcore boxing fan.

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

Working...
                      X