Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Baffled By McGregor's Move: He's Under Contract To Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
    Mcgregor should embarrass floyd with a call out showing Floyds fear.
    1st round Queensbury rules, 2nd round mma & keep it flipping. Floyds happy to blow his own trumpet and fight a novice in the sport...but is he too scared to challenge himself? Of course he is.
    This gives him the opportunity to finish mcgregor in the 1st or to get ragdolled in the 2nd.
    Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
    Pls no more of this Crap. McGregor wouldnt beat Mayweather if he was full time boxer.
    I can't believe I'm sharing the same forum with kinds of you, really for real, have you ever put on boxing gloves and did some sparring? Are you trolling or have same amount of knowlege as a nanny abt boxing.

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    Nightmares about what exactly?
    Getting paid mate, nightmares about beating McGregor, probably stopping him and getting paid.

Comment

Not for long dana

Comment

The issue is pretty simple:
        Boxing rules: Floyd outclasses Conor easily and probably KO him.
        MMA rules: Conor KO Floyd in 30 sec breaking one of his limbs/neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          Why would Floyd have nightmares lol?? Floyd easily stops McGregor
          When was the last time floyd stopped someone? Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
            Basically Dana is saying "when you get that dollar, I want 95 cents and you pay the taxes.

Lol........

Comment

It's funny how they say "what commission would let this happen" when it is not an issue for entertainers and boxers to step in the ring with top mmaists.

Boxing has it right but it goes to show you the high standards placed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                Can you please explain how someone how gets hit by guys heavier than floyd in lighter gloves doesn't get KO'd by them , but would KO'd by floyd who breaks his hands, is lighter than Conor and is using heavier gloves?

I really want an explanation,
                He would get tired and would be an open target all night. He'd end up quitting on his stool.

People like to rubbish Floyd's opponents but they have all, at minimum, been a step above journeyman. Unlike McGregor, they have enough skill and experience to limit the punches they take.

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
                  conor faster on the trigger and reflex than paulie and his counter game is nothing to overlook, paulie gets caught and is out.

all this paulie is gonna box circles around him is nonsense, paulie isnt this master boxer, cano got in his ass. Paulie has no power to make conor respect him, paulie isnt faster on the trigger than conor, paulie isnt a better counter puncher than conor, paulie movement aint slick enough to avoid being countered, paulie work rate wouldnt exhaust any professional athlete.

mark my words Paulie wouldnt see the final bell, he will be out cold in a scary brutal ko type of lost.
                  Pablo Cesar Cano would beat Conor McGregor within an inch of his life.

Comment

Has anyone actually seen McGregor's boxing license or is he just saying he gots one? That'd be my first question. But most importantly I think Conor is exceptional at getting attention & keeping attention. And from most accounts he's taking some time off to contend with the birth of his child & to spend some time with his kid for the next 6 months plus so he's likely just staying relevant & intends to do that via this Floyd boxing match stuff.

That said people have speculated that UFC contracts aren't legal since title holders contracts apparently have language in them that keeps champions with the UFC as long as they hold their title. And people have also speculated that the MAA could cancel out or make McGregor's UFC contract illegal basically due to some of the promoter rules it has. So if McGregor or any UFC guy had the chance to make insane money like McGregor vs Floyd could potentially make that UFC fighter there does seem to be in theory a ways to challenge or outright get out of their UFC deal. That road just hasn't been traveled by anyone yet.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-03-2016, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                      Can you please explain how someone how gets hit by guys heavier than floyd in lighter gloves doesn't get KO'd by them , but would KO'd by floyd who breaks his hands, is lighter than Conor and is using heavier gloves?

I really want an explanation,
                      MMA fighters don't punch like boxers. Accuracy
                      Power
                      Speed
                      Efficiency
                      Combination punching
                      Timing

All far superior in the sport of boxing. Plus a boxer is more likely to hit you with a shot you don't see coming and can't prepare for.

You said it yourself that Conor gets hit in UFC. Well if he takes a few shots in UFC he'll be a walking target in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X