Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Sergey Kovalev PPV Show Barely Cracked 160K Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    I think Golovkin is fairly close to him at this point. That's why the fight would sell a mil. Golovkin on his own sold 150K PPV, compare that to the battle between p4p'ers in Ward and Kova which had relatively plenty of promotion. Golovkin did 600k vs Brook, and tell me if I'm reaching but, a lot of Golovkin highlights on youtube have over 1-2mil, within a year, which is about the same if not better than Alvarez's highlights. ALvarez just has the country men that will buy his crap fights. Golovkin needs a legit opponent (to the casuals atleast) to show his draw.
    You're reaching big time dude. Youtube hits are nice and all but it doesn't mean you're a draw that can generate money. Youtube is free and when push comes to shove, no one really knows who GGG outside the hardcore fans. Stop bring up the 600K in the UK too. It's annoying at this point and we all know it was because of Brook, not GGG.

Comment

Well that's a kick in the arse..

Comment

Too bad casual fans don't know who Kovalev is.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Boxing IS F#CKED! WOW! Then again the event wasn't promoted all that well then just a week before that fight most people spent their money on UFC 205 which did 1.6 Million.

Boxing is just not interesting and nobody is going to give up the amount of money that Boxing ask for these PPV's for guys Casuals don't even fuking know, care about or find anything interesting about them. Casuals need more than a bunch of Knockouts and a Undefeated Record, these guys sorry but most of boxing currently the fighters are not interesting and they don't sell themselves to Casuals so Casuals stop watching and turn to UFC because it is a guy like McGregor who is only ESPN the entire week leading up to his fight because HE IS INTERESTING even when he is not fighting.

I'm a Hardcore boxing fans but I can't say the last 2 Weeks did anything Positive for the sport considering how hyped up those fight was among us the boxing fans
          Boxing is down right now because all Mayweather did was sht on fans and spread his horrible influence and Haymon kidnapped half the sport to put them duking-it-out in his backyard as everyone wonders where they've gone. Haymon and Floyd single-handedly fuked the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            I think its safe to say that UFC has officially surpassed Boxing.

UFC 205 just did 1.6million buys.
            Deveel no way. The biggest PPV star in UFC wont even do 2 mil. If Floyd came back and fought the GGG/Canelo winner it would exceed that amount with ease.

Boxers need to learn how to sell. Kov, instead of whining, needs to become a full on Drago/Ivan Koloff level Russian heel. Then Ward can play off that as the bragging American hero. Do something that makes espn and foxsports pay attention.

If boxers sell fights like UFC guys the sport will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
              You're reaching big time dude. Youtube hits are nice and all but it doesn't mean you're a draw that can generate money. Youtube is free and when push comes to shove, no one really knows who GGG outside the hardcore fans. Stop bring up the 600K in the UK too. It's annoying at this point and we all know it was because of Brook, not GGG.
              What makes you think Brook is bigger than Golovkin? Because of Brook my ass. UK fans are boxing fans and Golovkin is a treat to boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Boxing IS F#CKED! WOW! Then again the event wasn't promoted all that well then just a week before that fight most people spent their money on UFC 205 which did 1.6 Million.

Boxing is just not interesting and nobody is going to give up the amount of money that Boxing ask for these PPV's for guys Casuals don't even fuking know, care about or find anything interesting about them. Casuals need more than a bunch of Knockouts and a Undefeated Record, these guys sorry but most of boxing currently the fighters are not interesting and they don't sell themselves to Casuals so Casuals stop watching and turn to UFC because it is a guy like McGregor who is on ESPN the entire week leading up to his fight because HE IS INTERESTING even when he is not fighting.

I'm a Hardcore boxing fans but I can't say the last 2 Weeks did anything Positive for the sport considering how hyped up those fight was among us the boxing fans
                Looks like bad decisions, not getting fights we want when we want them, and the "politics" of boxing finally caught up with the sport. It's pretty much a dead sport here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                  I was talking with my brother the other week and he says Kovalev won I disagreed and said I felt Ward did, his response was I'm done with boxing I'll stick to UFC in future.

That's what boxing is up against, casuals are more excited by UFC. It genuinely has stolen the audience, personally I've no interest whatsoever but this smack talkin Irish dude people are paying to see him back his shyt up and paying to hope he loses, either way he has them all along for the ride.

1.6m is something else, what's the average cost ?
                  "Casuals" aren't really excited about UFC. They're excited about Conor and to a lesser extent Ronda. Stars sell fights, whether it's Karate point fighting or UFC or boxing, people buy PPVs of stars. Casuals don't understand MMA at all, they don't have a clue nor give a fock about armbars or mount guard or wall strategies, or whatever. They just hear about this Irish dude talking smack and is in the media all the time, and so they are now into UFC more than boxing or whatever.

Truth is, these boxing fights aren't selling because these are fights between people with zero media profile. When was the last time Ward was on ESPN or who has ever heard of Kovalev? UFC is very good with building up hype..

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    What makes you think Brook is bigger than Golovkin? Because of Brook my ass. UK fans are boxing fans and Golovkin is a treat to boxing fans.
                    Brook is based in the UK and had a big fan base in general their before the fight. You are reaching so badly it's apparent. I actually like GGG but he's not a draw. How many times has GGG been on PPV in the UK prior to the Brook fight?

Comment

I predicted 200k and I guess I was wrong. I gotta imagine having it the week after UFC 205 didn't help. A lot of people aren't looking to spend $120 on fights over the course of a week.

Comment

Working...
                      X