Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Sergey Kovalev PPV Show Barely Cracked 160K Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing must suck for ward lol honestly he's not winning right now legacy wise. That's about 3200 people per state if it's only the 50 states.... damn bro u suck

Comment

• Originally posted by bchap05 View Post
      We have a wild swinging KO artist American heavyweight. Most people don't care
      Cuz he don't fight NO ONE. Been Bum Squad his whole career. Why he never chase down either Klitschko bro this whole time? Even Arreola did it but he never wanted none.

Comment

• Scary low numbers.

Fight wasn't promoted properly at all imo.
        Ward has no fanbase and nor does Kov really.
        Kov didn't look great in his last outing and Ward has been inactive or fighting bums for a while now.
        PPV in general has been down for a long time. MayPac definitely turned a lot of people off Boxing for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          That was his just his own personal opinion of what he thought the fight did. I don't know why you're just being willfully obtuse.

The real number he released was 250k.
          What are you a Glaser apologist? The guy flat out admitted to making up numbers based on his FB friends, yet he gets the 'real' numbers for every other fight? Yeah alright..... Glaser is a washed up fight guy who just wants attention from gullible people.

Comment

• For all the hype fight really was a dud w/ all the clinching & holding, mauling w/ a in poor effort by Byrd as a ref... if there is an agreement needs to be on free TV I wouldn't buy that fight 4 1 cent...

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Are you for real????

UK fans are fans of UK fighters, rarely is a fight not involving at least one UK fighter ever on PPV here. When Canelo vs Golovkin happens it won't even be PPV in the UK.

Brook is the major reason for those numbers not Golovkin.
              So what are Brooks other ppv numbers?

Comment

• Just think, Ward will want $10MM in the rematch!!

Comment

• Ummm. I can't say that I'm surprised. A lot of people who wanted to order the fight can't because we don't have cable. Therefore, we go watch it at bars. Also, the fight costs damn near $70. So I have to get cable, get HBO, and then pay for it... Nahhh. I know I'm not the only one who had this problem. Until boxing can figure out to get with the times and adjust to the fact people are not going to pay ridiculous amounts, even for the best, high anticipated fights, they will continue to see smaller and smaller numbers... There are also other reasons for the poor showing (mediocre promoting, people pissed about May-Pac, etc.) but boxing is behind in many ways and this is one of them...

Comment

• glad this failed.

hopefully more fans continue with this and these fools have to fight more often for what they were once paid

Comment

• aw man...casuals didn't buy.

Pac-Vargas did 300k. But I don't think it affected Ward-Kovalev that much. Casuals just don't know Ward-Kovalev enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X