Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko Dominates, Stops Nicholas Walters in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
    Lol, that was my exact reaction too when someone told me Byrd gave him the 6th - just thought they were joking in regard to Arum's initial objection to her as a judge.

So I went and looked up the scorecards myself. I couldn't find them on google search, but yahoo search brought them up (so you can go see for yourself - I had to before believing it too). No joke - Byrd gave Walters the 6th.

http://www.boxingnews.com.ua/en/phot...o-uolters-foto
    Holy ****... This woman needs to be removed immediately.

Comment

• I just re-watched it then. Man, Loma moved beautifully.
      He really did start toying with him, especially at the end of that last round.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Not the hometown judges advantage tough.
        Correct - anyone denying that there was an element of hometown scoring for Ward (that gave him the decision) is in denial. Even if you genuinely believe Ward won, fact remains most people don't (most means more than 50%).

Look up any poll, then also consider that most of these polls include a lot of people who will also have bias for Ward, then consider that most polls believe Kovalev won.

Then if you still don't believe in hometown bias, go find a Russian poll, where I assure you it will be close to 100% believing Kovalev won.

Then if you are don't believe there is hometown bias, consider the consistency in judge bias that ended up with De La Hoya saying there should be a commission to deal with it (after the Malignaggi/Diaz fight).

Then if you still insist on being in denial, look up any number of other fights where hometown bias is clearly evident:
        - John/Juarez
        - John/Marquez (really good close fight, no argument in it going either way, but look at the cards....bias for John this time)
        - Ottke/Reid (a German one for you)
        - de la hoya/Sturm (3 american judges again)
        - sturm/lots (Sturm won some dodgy ones in Germany too)

Could go on and on. And anyone saying it wasn't a factor in the Ward 'victory', well, I guess Si Hun Park really did beat Roy Jones in Seoul after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
          Very disappointed on Walter. I rooted for him , thought he would win , and he quit like a coward ....

Hit and not be hit .
          walters could not hit what he couldn't see lol.

Comment

• Walters said, "I'll do whatever it takes to beat him" ...He should have remembered what he said!

Comment

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
              GGG looks like all American boy not a cannibal or a black panther like you
              Lmao, you're just so ******, it's really beyond comical.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                If you are talking about most people who post on BoxingScene message board, you are right. If you are talking about most fans in general, you are dead wrong. I had Ward winning the fight by one round.
                not just boxing scene, reports as well, and the people who were at the fight who were booing the decision. i don't know what stats you are using to say most people felt Ward won.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                  Considering that most say he won a close fight (pro's not fans) and the people who matter ( the judges) say he did unanimously its safe to say it does.

I really like Loma, don't get me wrong. I hated the split decision vs GRJ and I feel Salido did him dirty and he could arguably be undefeated, but again 7 wins don't grant you P4P#1. I never had Rigo up that high even though he was dominating and no one wanted to see him. Loma has beaten some good comp to have so few fights, but the body of work isn't there.

I mainly have to get at these people because the only reason they are screaming this now is because of last week. Had Kovalev eeked by like Ward none of this P4P#1 would be coming up. Hell some of them were still saying Chocolatito yesterday.
                  Most people, including the press had a decision for Kovalev, either way in the record books Ward is the winner. Keep in mind each person rates P4P differently. This year Lomachenko's record is more impressive then Ward's, Ward beat (on record) Kovalev but it was a close fight that could have gone either way, other than that he didn't beat anyone of note in years, we can't go back to the super 6 era to give him that p4p status, otherwise Pacqiou is still p4p best because his resume is x2 of any active fighter right now.

Also P4P to me means that if 2 people were the same weight who has the better skills and would win, i think Lomachenko is more of a boxer and technically sound then Ward. Ward obviously is top talent, but Lomachenko is something else and he has shown it vs. top competition. Walters was an excellent fighter even though he quit his skills can't be denied.

Comment

• Quitting is worse than dying. A quitter has to live with the QUIT. Especially when one gives up and just walks away in quitting mid fight. Quitting is a slow death that eats away at the quitters inner being.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      I don't know. Looked like Loma was extremely accurate with his connects.
                      Certainly accurate, but it didn't look like he was hitting with full power. It was probably the first time in the fight that Loma really took the fight to him. In the previous rounds it seemed he was holding back to see if Walters really had the power to hurt him. Once he established Walters was not there to come forward he turned up the heat. Still nowhere near enough to just quit like that.

I mean surely it would have been better for his career to even take a knee or feign an injury than quit on his stool.

It's really hard to see a way back to the top without really going out there and proving himself all over again.

Comment

Working...
                      X