Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko Dominates, Stops Nicholas Walters in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Yeah, except that Loma truly dominated Walters in the eyes of people and in reality.
    Yeah and Ward closely beat a much higher caliber of opponent that he had to move up to fight and had every physical disadvantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
      be honest..the ref simply allowed both guys to work out of clinches. both guys were getting away with fouls, you putting all the blame on ward just shows your bias..kovalev would put him in headlocks as soon as ward came inside, he would rabbit punch ward and in more than one occasion wrestled ward to the ropes and pinned him there..lets be real man.

and i don't get this, after floyd vs maidana 2 kenny bayless got torched for breaking up clinches and trying to keep the fight "clean"..now we got a ref letting the fighters brawl it out and he's getting criticized for it..refs can't satisfy everybody.

you even accuse the ref of being racist, wtf is that about?

and nothing in your post explained how ward was "exposed". .again exposed is a weakness future opponents can exploit.
      Ward INITIATED the clinches.... That is illegal.

A ref should break up a clinch IMMEDIATELY after it happens, and WARN the fighter who INITIATED the clinch that he is breaking the rules, and if he does it again, a point will be deducted.

Comment

• I'm more and more impressed with Lomachenko everytime I see him. I agree with Max Kellerman in that the eye test tells me he's the best fighter in the world. I disagree that he doesn't have the resume to make him #1. He outclassed Russell, who's arguably the top featherweight in the world. He just outclassed Walters, who came in arguably a fringe P4P guy. He might not be the clear cut #1. But, he's right there in the mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
          Ward INITIATED the clinches.... That is illegal.

A ref should break up a clinch IMMEDIATELY after it happens, and WARN the fighter who INITIATED the clinch that he is breaking the rules, and if he does it again, a point will be deducted.
          Kovalev initiated more clinches than Ward. Grabbing Ward when he got in an uncomfortable range was partof Kovalev's game plan. And was evident from the opening bell. It was smart. But if either should have been warned and/or penalized, it was Kovalev.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            Kovalev initiated more clinches than Ward. Grabbing Ward when he got in an uncomfortable range was partof Kovalev's game plan. And was evident from the opening bell. It was smart. But if either should have been warned and/or penalized, it was Kovalev.
            Don't know what fight u were watching.

Kovalev grabbed Ward's arms and held him, once Ward grabbed him, so Ward couldn't hit and hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
              Don't know what fight u were watching.

Kovalev grabbed Ward's arms and held him, once Ward grabbed him, so Ward couldn't hit and hold.
              Don't know what fight you were watching if you didn't see Kovalev initiate a lot of clinches.

Comment

• Originally posted by ippo View Post
                you think salido can beat lomo again?
                Not sure if he beats him again. But, it takes a lotta energy to fight the way Lomachenko fights. And while he's amazing defensively, he does open himself up to be hit, especially to the body. So I think any naturally bigger guy, that makes it a point to work the body, who bullies Loma, and isn't gonna be mentally undone by Loma's skill set will always give him problems.

Comment

• Brilliant showing from Lomachenko. He out-classed Walters and took his heart.

Big win for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Salido won by 1 round, almost got KO'd in the last round despite a 15 pound weight advantage on fight night, and... had a 15 pound weight advantage, and fouled all night, in Loma's 2nd fight.

Loma-Salido was like Floyd-Castillo I except Floyd got a bad decision, and he wasn't fighting someone way bigger than him.

The fight is irrelevant now. I hope Loma gets the Salido rematch just to prove to the doubters that the fight is meaningless. He would win all 12 vs Salido at 130, without him coming over the weight limit, with a neutral ref, in my opinion.

Lomachenko has to be #1 P4P right now. I think he, Kovalev, and GGG are all more impressive than Chocolatito, who must have #1. But maybe I am punishing Chocolatito for going up too high in weight.
                    Actually, Castillo was quite a bit bigger than Floyd. He would often come in the ring a welterweight, even a jr middleweight in those days. While Floyd wasn't far removed from the 130lb division when he stepped up to fight Castillo.

Comment

• Walters...good luck on your future in club fighting! He was getting handled but wasn't getting beat up, so if your heart is that weak to quit at that point, you need to be on the lower level stages.

Comment

Working...
                      X