Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko Dominates, Stops Nicholas Walters in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devildg View Post
    I don't see why Loma should fight a weltweight.
    i dont think loma should be forced up weight so quickly. i like to see him avenge his loss against salido and maybe fight other names at 130 before moving up again. i dont like this quick move up weight.

Comment

• That's fighter of the year material.
      Loma didn't need a gift, SD, or a MD to win.
      And Walters would destroy Santa Cruz and Quigg.

Lomachenko=2016 Fighter of the year!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        Good win by loma.

Walters was pathetic showed no heart.

Loma has skills but lacks power he slap too much, when an aggressive younger version of Salido comes along he will be broken down.

Loma needs to learn how to sit on his punches a bit more.
        Nah man. He had Walters really hurt. Why do you think he quit? Watch the post fight interview he said he had to hold "to survive." Lomachenko was snapping his head like crazy. Definitely has power at 130.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
          My mother's grandparents are from Ukraine...

Me and Loma could pass as brothers, easily. Heh, although I'd dwarf him height-wise...

Kovalev just pissed on Ward last week too! That's two in a row for the White boyz.

This ain't the 60's - 90's no more... Boxing talent ain't centered in USA anymore... It's truly a global sport, with the European presence coming more and more dominant as the years pass. I think there are actually more White champions than blacks now... In fact, I'm damn positive there are.

Looking back at the movie "the great white hype" is just too funny! The script has definitely been flipped! LOL, HW boxing has been looking for the next "great black hope" for over a decade now in the HW division...

Like Bob Dylan said - "The times, they are a changing"!
          You could scream that for Loma as he is a special talent and could go on to be a top 10 ever, but I think you're over doing here. Kovalev lost, Postol lost, Klitchko lost, and Povetkin Lost his chance due to dope.

Boxing is definitely a global sport, but that's more due to potential fighters leaving the sport in this country. If you're big and tall enough to go pro in NBA or NFL or at least get a scholarship why would you waste your athleticism on a sport with way fewer guarantees and on average way less money. Boxing is feast or famine sport, for every Andre Berto there are a thousand guys trying to make ends meet. But other nations don't have as many avenues to get rich from athletics as the US so boxing is picking up elsewhere.

Comment

• Want to see something funny!!! Here is Walters carving up a Turkey with Lom's head on it. I dont think it turned out this way, LOL! fight news dot com/page/2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
              i dont think loma should be forced up weight so quickly. i like to see him avenge his loss against salido and maybe fight other names at 130 before moving up again. i dont like this quick move up weight.
              But he's P4P #1 though? The hypocrisy of you people is sickening!

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                If he so good he wouldn't have lost the 1st time. That's all I'm saying. Loma lost to the first guy who applied pressure and no one he's fought since has applied or even attempted to apply pressure. They all got loathed to sleep. Taking nothing away from Loma he's obviously really good but all of a sudden P4P #1? EEASY pal.
                Oh geez, will you stfu...dumb as ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Nah man. He had Walters really hurt. Why do you think he quit? Watch the post fight interview he said he had to hold "to survive." Lomachenko was snapping his head like crazy. Definitely has power at 130.
                  loma would have easily stopped walters in the later rounds. he knew what was coming which is why he quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    The only way to beat Lomachenko is with a high workrate like Salido, Walters is a natural counter puncher, that was never gonna work tonight
                    Salido won by 1 round, almost got KO'd in the last round despite a 15 pound weight advantage on fight night, and... had a 15 pound weight advantage, and fouled all night, in Loma's 2nd fight.

Loma-Salido was like Floyd-Castillo I except Floyd got a bad decision, and he wasn't fighting someone way bigger than him.

The fight is irrelevant now. I hope Loma gets the Salido rematch just to prove to the doubters that the fight is meaningless. He would win all 12 vs Salido at 130, without him coming over the weight limit, with a neutral ref, in my opinion.

Lomachenko has to be #1 P4P right now. I think he, Kovalev, and GGG are all more impressive than Chocolatito, who must have #1. But maybe I am punishing Chocolatito for going up too high in weight.

Comment

• Lets not forget salido beat this great white hype not to long ago, and that defeat still haunts him til this day, yesterday seconds after getting off the scales michele poncher asked him about losing to salido (again) and you could tell he gets irratated about that loss
                      I fkn love it

Comment

Working...
                      X