Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez: Kovalev's Loss Showed Golovkin is Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez: Kovalev's Loss Showed Golovkin is Better

Former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez has often debated the subject of who is better - Sergey Kovalev (30-1-1, 26KOs) or Gennady Golovkin (36-0, 33KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let Chocolatito or Golovkin fight someone as good as Andre Ward or Kovalev and see how they look first.

Golovkin looked like he lost motivation and didn't even train hard against Brook because he knew he'd KO him.
    Last edited by hrt3333; 11-24-2016, 08:56 AM. Reason: Added Chocolatito

Comment

GGG is absolutely not better or as diverse, skilled or as big.
      Kovalevs far more precise, uses angles better, better combination puncher, far better counter puncher.

I know its not a popular opinion but its night and day and he's shown it at at the highest level.

GGG gets whitewashed by Ward
      Kovalev is flatout better than GGG in every department.

Comment

JMM been talking outta his ass a lot here lately. Its fair for him, or anyone else to think GGG is better than Kovalev. I don't. But its a matter of opinion. But to say Kovalev losing to Ward is proof that GGG is better is pretty ridiculous. First of all, Ward is about I don't know, 500× better than anybody GGG has fought. Second of all, this doesn't have to be a hypothetical conversation. Ward, Kovalev, and GGG are close enough in size that those fights can actually happen. And GGG would be a pretty sizable underdog against Ward and Kovalev.

Comment

Dafuq? He must be on that piss still.

Comment

At first, Kovalev didn't lose to Ward.

At second, we can say GGG is better than Kovalev only if GGG fights Kovalev and wins.

Comment

I don't how anyone in their right mind could really consider Chocolatito to be the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

I mean the guy is a good little fighter but come on now...A boxer weighing <120 pounds is not the #1 P4P fighter in the entire world......never was never will be imo

I mean who even put that out there? HBO. They were saying this guy was P4P before anyone even knew who he was..

Long at the run Pacquiao had and how long it took for him to be considered the #1 P4P fighter. Talk to me when Chocolatito makes a run through the weights like that..

Only real tru P4P fighters of this era have been Mayweather and Pacquiao basically LW's starting from very low weights rising through multiple higher weights taking on opponents that outweighed them by as much as 15-20 pounds on fight night. That's TRU P4P!

You can throw in other names like Cotto, Broner that did the same going up in weights but they were not as successful...
              Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 11-24-2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

The only thing that Kovalev's loss proved is that Kovalev is better than Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  I don't how anyone in their right mind could really consider Chocolatito to be the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

I mean the guy is a good little fighter but come on now...A boxer weighing <120 pounds is not the #1 P4P fighter in the entire world......never was never will be imo

I mean who even put that out there? HBO. They were saying this guy was P4P before anyone even knew who he was..

Long at the run Pacquiao had and how long it took for him to be considered the #1 P4P fighter. Talk to me when Chocolatito makes a run through the weights like that..
                  For Pacquiao...It took him 7 years and 7 fights against Top 3 - 9 pound for pound fighters.

Pound for Pound number 3 Marco antonio Barrera, Pound for pound 6. Juan Manuel Marquez and Pound for pound number 7. Erik Morales to become pound for pound number 1 in 2008.

Comment

remember when you ducking boys said ward was ducking kovalev then he beats him and takes his belts and you guys are still sour. ROFL.

Comment

Working...
                    X