Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all those who were criticizing Ward, does he now have your respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a lot of respect for wards heart.
    i dont respect the decision doe.
    No debate Ward has more heart in his pinky finger last night than floyds career, thats for sure

Comment

ive never doubted ward but even he knows he lost by his reaction post fight, if anything i lost respect.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
        He went through hell and back in that fight, never looked for a away out, not 1 headbutt or elbow..He adjusted and found a way to battle his way to the end.. He didnt run and the clinches were BY BOTH FIGHTERS!!! Both showed why they are 2 of the very best in boxing
        He's had my respect since the Dawson fight. That's when he truly won me over. I've always known how great he was/is/can be.

It's just............he didn't win this fight bro. No matter how hard you try to convince me, yourself, and the other posters here, he DID NOT win this fight.

Again, I think he would have looked better losing a close UD, then winning a close UD that he didn't deserve.

Now he's going to HAVE to give Kovalev a rematch, or be branded a duck for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          You never even seen a boxing gym in your life, mate.

Comment

He and Kovalev absolutely have my respect. They demonstrated a lot of chutzpah by challenging each other when they could have just quietly moved to the side and taken the Stevenson route, beating up lesser contenders for good money. Then they proceeded to put on a fight that was contested at a level of skill and determination rarely seen in boxing in recent years. Much credit to both and I hope we see it again.
            I didn't agree with the decision, but Andre Ward is not a judge, and I can't be mad at him for being the beneficiary of scores I don't agree with in a close fight.

Comment

Definitely not. He made the fight close, but he definitely didn't win. How are we supposed to respect a guy who got a decision he didn't deserve? Had the score came out right, I would have said it was a good fight but come on. It could have been better. This poking and one shot here and one jab there and yet another low punch output fight doesn't raise my respect. When you're walking around after the fight like you lost and then jump up when you get the decision and then of course claim you weren't surprised by the decision definitely doesn't earn my respect. Kovalev still has my respect plenty. He did what he had to do and won the fight. Ward not so much. Every fight he's involved in has lots of clinching and wrestling. He's the common denominator. I mean, it's amazing when people say he's entertaining. How would any of his fights draw a non boxing fan into becoming a boxing fan? He's no good for the sport. He was just fighting in the right country.

Comment

Why would I respect someone who is too scared to fight outside of America, hell even fighting outside of Oakland is scary to him.

Comment

he didn't adjusted at all he got gifted

Comment

Originally posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
                    HE RUNS like a bish the entire fight avoiding the fight, retreating, got knocked down, beat up in a fight 99% people thought he lost, and you want people to respect him? LOL.Get real, Andre is one of the BIGGEST coWards in the sport rights now, PERIOD. Kovalev won, period, he is still #2 P4P after Gennady, a robbery doesn't change that.
                    :qqq::qqq::qqq:

Comment

Yeah but he still lost the fight so up respect down stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X