Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all those who were criticizing Ward, does he now have your respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    You never even seen a boxing gym in your life, mate.
    Sure you know it mate,you just try to argue or why you even commentet like that?

Comment

I was a neutral, felt Kovalev edged the fight but there's really not much between the two. Both excellent fighters.

If anything, i think Kovalev showed he is a brilliant boxer too because he outboxed Ward a fair bit in the fight. We all knew he was more than just a puncher, but i think he showed he's even better than many people thought.

I don't know how anybody can't respect Ward anyway. He absolutely cleaned out SMW beating the likes of Froch and Kessler along the way. The division was red hot when he was the proven number 1. Even if he did get a bit of a gift last night, he's still the real deal.

Comment

Honestly all these guys crying robbery dksab!

Ward struggled after round 2 for like 2 rounds(still won those) and after that it was a good fight with ward landing more cleaner meaningful shots.

I knew ward had it in the bag after the 8th round were his body shots were showing its damage and kovalev was hitting him with nothing but like 2-3 clean punches a round.

These guys crying robbery have clearly never been in a boxing fight. The guy gets dropped and comes back like in a movie to shut out and dominate the other guy

Ward honestly is my new favorite fighter clearly showed the heart skill and toughness of old fighters. So much ****ing will I'm still kinda in awe of him

Comment

I went into this fight unbiased I didn't like either fighter just wanted to see a good fight. Ward made me a fan last night with his performance. True champion

Comment

What made it even more impressive, like I said before Ward has slipped significantly - look at the difference with him against Froch vs last night, the Brand fight, and Barrera fights.

He is clearly past his best.

Classic fight.

Comment

ward the new tbe......p4p#1....hands down. GGGroupies and kov stans are mad as sh.it.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                What made it even more impressive, like I said before Ward has slipped significantly - look at the difference with him against Froch vs last night, the Brand fight, and Barrera fights.

He is clearly past his best.

Classic fight.
                I can't say that yet. The weight gain and inactivity plays a factor. I think he may have some good years left in him if he can become more active.

Comment

I think the fight proved that while Ward is great he isn't special. Either that or Kovalev is also special.
                  Last edited by LittleMacAttack; 11-20-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    I can't say that yet. The weight gain and inactivity plays a factor. I think he may have some good years left in him if he can become more active.
                    To be honest - I held back from saying it until I saw him last night, and he was basically the fighter we saw in the last year. I think he looked better as the fight wore on, but he still doesn't look like the Andre of 3-5 years ago.

In my opinion - if it was activity and rust, I think he would have shook it off by now, the weight jump isn't huge either, I think he has slipped. I am always ready to be proven wrong, but he just doesn't have the same movement or sharpness to me, and at the moment I can't see him getting it back.

Comment

I do respect the fact that he was looking to win through the entire fight. But he still didnt win thefight

Comment

Working...
                      X