• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    Chocolatito #1

Kovalev #2

Ward #3

Those are the top 3 P4P.
    Only an idiot puts Kovalev before Ward, Ward beat him. And Chocolatito? Lol youre a clown

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I agree Kovalev clearly won the fight. I had GGG 1st, Kovalev 2nd and Ward 9th PFP going into the fight. GGG has never lost and I see no reason to remove him from first place as Kovalev beat Ward but GGG has never even come close to losing or having a draw. If GGG doesn't shine in his fight with Jacobs I'll place Kovalev at number 1 PFP. Until then I've got GGG 1st, Kovalev remains 2nd and Ward climbs to 7th for putting up a good fight. Pound for pound is just opinion based and can't be proven right or wrong so if you have Kovalev 1st PFP that's fine with me.

Who could actually take this dude seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        They shouldn't feel anyway. They should accept the fact that the fight could had gone EITHER way and it went to the other dude. Kovalev has the rematch clause and he will get a second chance to redeem himself.

Screaming robbery is pure rubbish. This was an excellent fight and the screams of robbery are just ruining it. Boxing fans love to moan and whine.
        It was a robbery the more we try to ignore shiet like this the worse things get we had the Perez shocking decision now we have the awful decision with Ward Vs. Kovalev.

Some boxing fans are oblivious to what is happening and they just want to ignore it the sport has a problem I see this type of **** nearly every single time I watch the sport week by week incompetent judges that are either biased, paid off or don't know what they're doing but I doubt the latter and I'd put it on being the first two options.

Sergey Kovalev was the champion and he fought like the guy who was the challenger forcing the pace of the fight, always on the front foot, landing more and knocking down his man he gave everything in for Ward home country, all American judges, referee, commentary, broadcast the lot and we have people a very, very. very small portion of people who are trying to say otherwise... Nobody is buying it.
        Possibly a case of wanting to be different for the sake of it.

Comment

I agree....

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I scored the 10th for Kovalev.

I also scored the 3rd for Ward which all 3 judges gave Kovalev.

Close rounds, it happens.
            Yeah I keep seeing people complaining about the scoring for the second half of the fight. They say Ward was handed the decision after being unfairly given all rnds 6-12. The way I see it if Ward needed every single round in the second half to get a 1 point win the scoring in the first half must have been very favourable to Kovalev.

I thought the fight was close throughout with Ward picking up a few early rounds and Kov picking up some late. Overall the KD swayed it on my card

Comment

[QUOTE=Red Cyclone;17219116]
              Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Scoring close rounds to the guy who is only really throwing jabs and looking to move on the backfoot and clinch?
              I don't see it, close rounds should be awarded to the aggressor the guy making the fight and arguably the champion should get the benefit of the doubt but those close rounds weren't so close when you compare power punches landed, power punch counts more than one or two flashy jabs.
              The champion definitely shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt.

Neither should Kovalev be given the close rounds because he was the aggressor.

In many of the rounds, both were negating each other and little effective work was landing which is the main reason the fight was so close. The rounds were generally hard to score after the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I agree Kovalev clearly won the fight. I had GGG 1st, Kovalev 2nd and Ward 9th PFP going into the fight. GGG has never lost and I see no reason to remove him from first place as Kovalev beat Ward but GGG has never even come close to losing or having a draw. If GGG doesn't shine in his fight with Jacobs I'll place Kovalev at number 1 PFP. Until then I've got GGG 1st, Kovalev remains 2nd and Ward climbs to 7th for putting up a good fight. Pound for pound is just opinion based and can't be proven right or wrong so if you have Kovalev 1st PFP that's fine with me.
                I'd just keep Roman Gonzalez as the number one I wouldn't personally put Ward in the top 10 I think Kovalev badly exposed him as a limited fighter who relies too heavily on foul play clinching, wrestling, hitting after the breaks I'm not at all impressed.
                1. Roman Gonzalez
                2. Gennady Golovkin
                3. Sergey Kovalev
                4. Saul Alvarez
                5. Denis Lebedev
                6. Carl Frampton
                7. Keith Thurman
                8. Terence Crawford
                9. Guillermo Rigondeaux
                10. Erislandy Lara

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Yeah I keep seeing people complaining about the scoring for the second half of the fight. They say Ward was handed the decision after being unfairly given all rnds 6-12. The way I see it if Ward needed every single round in the second half to get a 1 point win the scoring in the first half must have been very favourable to Kovalev.

I thought the fight was close throughout with Ward picking up a few early rounds and Kov picking up some late. Overall the KD swayed it on my card
                  Kovalev let Ward back into the fight and that was his mistake.

Or maybe Ward negated him?

I find the rematch more interesting to see who makes the best adjustments.

Comment

You're not Bias though right? That is kinda a problem with you idiots on this forum who act your shoe size and not your age. NOBODY BELIEVES YOU because we all know who is so Bias on this forum. I respect the opinions of people who I know are not Bias which is only like 1% of the people on this forum but the rest of you who spent months sucking off Kovalev nobody will have sympathy for you what so ever

I had it a Draw with Kovalev looking dominating the first 3 Rounds or so but then Ward coming back strong the second half of the fight with good body work and a big round 5 I think it was. The fight was close, nobody "DOMINATED" anything for 12 Rounds!

Comment

[QUOTE=IronDanHamza;17219165]
                      Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post

The champion definitely shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt.

Neither should Kovalev be given the close rounds because he was the aggressor.

In many of the rounds, both were negating each other and little effective work was landing which is the main reason the fight was so close. The rounds were generally hard to score after the 2nd round.
                      Yes he should he was the aggressor landing power shots to jabs... Take the blinkers off he was landing more in mostly all the damn rounds some of you are scoring jabs as a damn power shot in what world do you live in?

Comment

Working...
                      X