No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

No question bro. Heres the gif a little bit slower so they can get it all in.
    Great flash knock down by Kov as he caught Andre walking in to the right hand. Im just still wondering how the fuk Andre recovered so well when everyone else is mere toast after eating that same shot???????

The mans resiliency, resolve and poise are just on a different level.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      I dunno, Kova is himself smarter than what people thinks, he can adjust, he as usual gassed out after the 6th and Ward worked his body so dude slowed done more likely than Ward figuring Kov out.

I have a problem with a fighter getting all the belts hardly collected from another fighter without winning decisively, but, man, that's boxing...
      Didn't get to see any adjustments from Kov, he couldn't win a round 6-12. Ward on the other hand couldn't win any rounds 1-5 but adjusted marvelously to win 6-12. U say Kov can adjust but he couldn't and didn't once Ward figured him out . Otherwise u had a great post here, especially acknowledging how Ward slowed him down with his dedication to the body. Most blind Kov fans refuse to see that Kov ran out of gas ⛽️ in the 6th

Comment

• Helluva fight

I'm obviously not a 'true fan' of the sport but hell, man. Those left straights of Ward are sick! I'm actually surprised that the commentators give like 9 rounds to kovalev. Fight could have gone either way, absolutely not one-sided like most are saying

Comment

• Enjoy bro. I predicted a ward win too

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            Didn't get to see any adjustments from Kov, he couldn't win a round 6-12. Ward on the other hand couldn't win any rounds 1-5 but adjusted marvelously to win 6-12. U say Kov can adjust but he couldn't and didn't once Ward figured him out . Otherwise u had a great post here, especially acknowledging how Ward slowed him down with his dedication to the body. Most blind Kov fans refuse to see that Kov ran out of gas ⛽️ in the 6th
            I dunno if I'm a Kova fan, most likely, Kova was the underdog, fighting on his opponent's soil and got the short end of the stick.

So I feel bad for him and that's why I'm trying to defend him.

Ward is the better boxer and Kova won't win the rematch IMO, Kov fought a great fight and is not being rewarded for that.

Kova gassed out IMO, he couldn't compete with Ward speed all the fight, and the body worl slowed him down.

I kinda have a problem with Ward walking out with the 3 belts.

Ward didn't do more and this being the challenger.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              I dunno if I'm a Kova fan, most likely, Kova was the underdog, fighting on his opponent's soil and got the short end of the stick.

So I feel bad for him and that's why I'm trying to defend him.

Ward is the better boxer and Kova won't win the rematch IMO, Kov fought a great fight and is not being rewarded for that.

Kova gassed out IMO, he couldn't compete with Ward speed all the fight, and the body worl slowed him down.

I kinda have a problem with Ward walking out with the 3 belts.

Ward didn't do more and this being the challenger.
              Good honest post !
              I can respect that as I also had it a draw even as a Ward fan. Kov winning 1-5 and Andre winning the rest. IMO Kov should of retained his belts in a draw but I can't be mad either way as the refs called it very close like they should of. But sometimes refs may lay more emphasis on the fighter who closes the show and that definitely wasn't Kov

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

No question bro. Heres the gif a little bit slower so they can get it all in.
                I think Ward planned on countering and leading with that right hand but Kovalev timed him coming in beautifully and made him abit gun shy to throw that punch and hesitant to throw it again. There were times I saw openings for it and he didn't take them.

Beautifully timed by Kovlaev I really thought that was the beginning of the end for Ward great heart to get up and bounce back.

Comment

• what a fcking joke give the decision to the black fighter who runs and clinches sounds familier , what a bull**** decision **** boxing iam near done with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I think Ward planned on countering and leading with that right hand but Kovalev timed him coming in beautifully and made him abit gun shy to throw that punch and hesitant to throw it again. There were times I saw openings for it and he didn't take them.

Beautifully timed by Kovlaev I really thought that was the beginning of the end for Ward great heart to get up and bounce back.
                    Great analysis 👍🏼
                    I also saw Ward tentative to throw the counter once he got rocked. But he did recover well and started throwing those counters again once he deduced Kov's power with constant body work. Then he mostly stayed in the pocket and risked a lot of exchanges

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                      Great analysis 👍🏼
                      I also saw Ward tentative to throw the counter once he got rocked. But he did recover well and started throwing those counters again once he deduced Kov's power with constant body work. Then he mostly stayed in the pocket and risked a lot of exchanges
                      Yeah the body work was fantastic and a key to victory.

Seemed a lot of that went unnoticed.

Comment

Working...
                      X