No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    ward's body shots? lol they were mostly low blows and to the back of kovalev
    C'mon man....now you're just being a sore loser. Those body shots were the most effective punches for Ward. They were coming all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel1981 View Post
      I saw the fight and Kovalev obliged and shut ward down. Go talk to the wall like you parents made you.
      Proof that you didn't see it or saw what you wanted to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by billfifty View Post
        And Kovalev just started to follow him around instead of cutting off the ring....I think Kovalev got exposed tonight and now everyone will just try to take him into deep waters and hope he drowns like he did tonight.
        Agreed, i noticed he wasnt cutting him off at all. Kovalev looked a bit one dimensional out there after that KD

Comment

• I was rooting for Andre, being American myself, but objectively, at best, maybe 7-5 Sergei. Dont see how Andre could have possibly Won. I want him to Win, but I want fairness too.

Comment

• does anybody know kovalev fight night weight? my god he looks massive.. how the hell did chicken leg ward bully him on the inside? .. kovalev got worked, those up jabs from ward had him looking at the ceiling all night.

P4P KING = ANDRE MOTHER****IN WARD !!!

GOOD NIGHT BSCENE, TIME TO CELEBRATE

Comment

• I do not see how ward won 6 rounds in that fight

Comment

• Originally posted by billfifty View Post
                And Kovalev just started to follow him around instead of cutting off the ring....I think Kovalev got exposed tonight and now everyone will just try to take him into deep waters and hope he drowns like he did tonight.
                Except he didn't. I get that he slowed down the second half. But Ward didn't exactly take him to deep waters or test his will, nothing of the sort. He just sort of hang in there, threw a few jabs, landed some body shots at the end of clinches...and..well, just sort of stuck around. Kovalev still managed to land way harder shots.

I think at the end of the day Kovalev will regret not being more aggressive to put it beyond the judges. If we're honest, and roles reverse, Ward wins a 120-108 decision.

But we give credit to Ward for hanging in there and doing cool stuff that accomplished little but slow down the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Boskop View Post
                  Am I the only one that actually liked the fight?
                  Thought it was very tense, emotional, brutal and high paced.
                  Team Kovalev accepted the American judges beforehand so they can't cry about that now.
                  I liked it .

Comment

• Terrible decision..Kov outlanded Ward, landed more power shots, scored a clean knockdown and was the aggressor throughout. Wards face told the story. Ridiculous!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boskop View Post
                      Am I the only one that actually liked the fight?
                      Thought it was very tense, emotional, brutal and high paced.
                      Team Kovalev accepted the American judges beforehand so they can't cry about that now.
                      In the moment, I was really into the fight, and rooting on Ward, but it's gonna be HARD to re watch that fight lol. One of the ugliest high profile fights I've ever watched.

Definitely not one a fight you show to someone you're trying to show how beautiful boxing is.

Comment

Working...
                      X